Number Plates

Need a Euro-legal number plate (ie a plate with the GB/EU thing at the side) for the Clio as i'm driving to the Alps in February and don't really wish to attach a sticker to my nice new shiney paintwork :P

I've seen a Clio at Uni with a small Clio logo on the plate, nothing OTT or stupid, looked quite good.

Any suggestions of online stores to get one of these from? I don't really want Halfrauds logo all over my plates..!

I was under the understanding that show plates do not have to have the sellers details on it, but I could get a 'show plate' with legal GB letters so it'll be legal for use on public roads? Is this correct?

Advice/Suggestions appreciated :)

Grant Williams

Reply to
Grant Williams

Halfords plates when I got them last (about all I'd use them for) were very discreet in terms of logo/postcode at the bottom. The Halfords logo was only visible in certain light... certainly not big black writing.

Reply to
phiz

Have used them both.... gtgrafix were better.

Reply to
Simon Burrows

Unless you desperately want new number plates, Halfords do a GB sticker you shove inside the rear window that sticks in the same way as tax disc holders.

Reply to
Scott M

Better check elsewhere first but I'm not sure that having a GB sign on the number plate only is acceptable in other countries, I think you still need a GB sticker. Could be wrong though.

Reply to
Homer

got my new plate made by a mate that lives not to far away and it's legal letter size with a small pencil like border and has no bollocks on the bottom about who made it ect but he is DVLA registered so it's legal i guess

Reply to
Vamp

OK, I'm wrong as long as you stay in the EU.

"A UK registered vehicle has to display the appropriate national identification letters on the vehicle and any caravan or trailer you are towing. The approved pattern is oval with black letters on a white background and size (eg GB) at least 175mm by 115mm. UK registration plates displaying the GB Euro symbol (Euro Plates) became a legal option from 21 March 2001, but they must comply with the new British Standard (BS AU 145d). These plates make display of a conventional sticker unnecessary when circulating within the EU. The use of a GB sticker is advisable outside the EU, even when displayed alongside a Euro Plate, as the authorities in some countries still expect to see a conventional sticker."

Reply to
Homer

I can make number plates with glow in the dark letters if anyone is interested and willing to pay (a sensible price) :)

Reply to
Lordy

Try

!, they are based in Ireland and don't require any documents!.

Reply to
Camper Man