-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Hola :)

How goes it ?

Reply to
Nom

Not too bad, thanks.

Currently looking for a 205 GTi, preferably with a 1.9 lump.

Currently driving a 216 GTi Twin Cam, might just throw a load of money on CRX tuning parts for that instead :-D

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

6&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW>

Hmmm. Mileage is genuine, 130-odd k. Comes 'fully loaded', just not with leather...

Get bent...

Reply to
-=Dan=- ©

> 6&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW> >

It was the '0-60 in under 7 seconds' that caught my eye...

"My other car is an XR3i"

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

> > 6&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW> > >

When being dropped off a cliff maybe...

*rolls eyes*

Reply to
-=Dan=- ©

I was going to say that! Good to see you back, JackH.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

6&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW>

In fairness though, it looks like a good motor - all depends on what the reserve is. A mate of mine scrapped an old 2.5 Senator ages ago - nothing special about it, the engine had stopped running due to some random electric fault, the autobox worked fine but slowly leaked fluid (was absolutely fine if you topped it up regularly, and it didn't need *that* much), but the real shame was the fact that he put a really nice grey leather interior in it that he'd spend a whole evening buffing up and getting looking absolutely immaculate - would have gone straight in that :-(

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Merci beaucoup... you still terrorising the streets of London on a daily basis?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

> 6&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW> >

Oh I wasn't disputing it's condition, just the performance claims; they're quick but they're not that quick.

Just unusual to find such claims on something that hasn't got headlight brows and max power stickers.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I dunno, I've always loved the hustle and bustle of London, plus the fact that knowing all the decent shortcuts genuinely does cut a hell of a lot of time off your journey. You could always tell the people who knew their way around when you were on the Chelsea Embankment, and you've just passed the Shell garage and it all grinds to a halt way before Chelsea Bridge, and you instantly see about 10-20 people turning around to cut up through Belgravia/Chelsea while the rest of the poor sods just sat there. Thems were the days........

And just before I stopped working around London, they'd just re-opened Chiswell St Eastbound all the way to Finsbury Square (making going from the West End to Docklands a hell of a lot easier) and then I had no reason to use it. D'oh!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

>> 6&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW>>>

it will do an indicated 150 mph, and 0-60 is around 7 seconds, the GSi was quicker than the senator, quicker many many times than calibra turbo's and everyone knows the 0-60 for those

Reply to
Theo

Re: Senator 24v auto...

0-60 for an auto 24v Senator, is 8.8 seconds, as indicated on the autobarnstormers website (a site for people who have more than a vested interest in telling overinflated porkies regarding 24v performance than most), 7.8 seconds for a manual, not under 7 seconds, which is what the seller stated on the auction for his *auto*.

That was the original point being made by this post, but it appears to be lost on some...

Yes, by a whole 0.2 of a second to 60 ( be it compared to the auto or manual equivalent), with the top speeds being exactly the same.

Oh dear, now you are talking s**te, at least if we're talking about standard out the box stated 0-60 times, and with both cars in reasonably good mechanic condition - and yes, you're far more likely to find a Calibra with mechanical issues than a Senator / Carlton 24v.

You're also going to get more outright extra power out of a Calibra per pound thrown at it, than a 24v Senator, but it will break far more easily as well.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Er, obviously not - because a non-shafted Calibra Turbo will hit 60 in just over 6 seconds.

Reply to
Nom