Oh dear....

Take one good E36 shell with a dead engine.

Take one rusty Capri with a good engine.

Mix in a bowl until thoroughly blended.

Bake at 220 degrees C for 25 minutes. (Times may be shorter for fan assisted ovens.)

Result ?

Wrong - just wrong...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I wonder why?

Reply to
Burgerman

Eire...they love their classic Fords.

Reply to
Conor

Not looked but is it a rusty capri with a dead engine?

Reply to
Elder

Worse.. A BMW with a Pinto in.

Reply to
Conor

"This car is located in CO DOWN N IRELAND"

Says it all really.

Isn't that f****it Lurring from over that way?

It's exactly the kind of pile of s**te he'd cook up.

Reply to
jackhackettuk

I can think of no viable reason for that conversion other than "Because I can"

Reply to
Iridium

In news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com, Bob Sherunckle wittered on forthwith;

Pah, they've not even used an injection one.

Thing is, as much as I don't like 4 cyl BMWs, with a turbo the size of a house on the side of an M13, 1400 bhp is possible!

if only for a mile or two.

Reply to
Pete M

2.0L carb Pinto 101bhp 318i 113bhp

Manifold, exhaust and filter on a clapped out Pinto 2.0L may just be enough to match the 1.8.

Never ever saw a BMW F1 turbo in qualifing make it back to the pits from a 2nd lap. Only time I ever saw one not go bang on the "in" lap after a 2nd lap was when it crossed the line and was then parked up on the grass near the pit exit. It may have already been making death rattle noises and the driver didn't want a long walk.

I think the only 16V heads they made for that M10 block were all F2 M12 and the F1 M13. Pretty much in the rocking horse poo category.

Peter Hill

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Peter Hill wittered on forthwith;

Yup, I know. Hence me stating "if only for a mile or two".

Yup.

Reply to
Pete M

There is so many good choices of engines for that conversion. SR20DET from a Nissan immediately springs to mind. Or keep it in the family and shove a BMW

850 V12 donk in it.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Cost.

Reply to
Conor

...can't have been that low. There *must* be some special bits in there, and lets not even consider the time...

Reply to
Iridium

You won't get a decent SR20DET for much less than £500.

Dunno the going price for working BMW V12's but I suspect he would be losing money at "buy it now" £1000.

It's so obviously an act of despration.

Peter Hill

Good engine in a Capri? What car did it originality come out of as ford never fitted anything remotely resembling a good engine to the Capri.

Reply to
Depresion

Think he meand good as in scrap yard terms - it ran.

Ie its a pearler gov. Or, its a brahmer mate.

(For those that didnt spend years building thiungs from scrappers a brahmer is a pearler that doesent smoke or rattle so bad)

Reply to
Burgerman