Oh dear i've only gone and bought a mk2 escort

front wings are ok, sills and floors are ok, boot is good as are recesses where spare wheel and toolkit sit.

Reply to
Michael Kent

Looks tidy enough, what is it like tin worm wise? Dehandle it and setup some solenoids linked to remote central locking.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

RV8 much lighter, and can go out close to 5 litre anyway.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

whoa! I was going to buy that but then I discovered it was situated somewhere around london I think, a long time ago! I have that very same pic! Its 1.3 isn't it or something I can't exactly remember?

Reply to
REMUS

Take some more piccies :)

Reply to
REMUS

Talking of which. What happened to the Golf?

Reply to
SteveH

I posted some pics in another thread with the stripped interior up on the jack stands, its been so long since I used to the urcm gallery that I forgot the username and although I emailed him... ronny doesn't seem to bothered ;)

I'll go and upload what I have now in a new gallery.

Reply to
REMUS

I have a full set of glass for a MK2 (free) if you need any... Lots of engine bits too, but they'll cost you :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Ah, you're talking modifying the engine too? Think what you could do with the 5 litre bwahahaha. Only thinking of the 5.0 to keep it all Ford, plus I saw a mk1 Escort track car withone in and it was niiice.

Reply to
??? Abo ???

They did a RS2000 flat front I believe.

Reply to
??? Abo ???

Twin 40 DCOE's? Getting rarer now, so maybe consider DHLA Dellortos instead. Wilky runs bigger DHLA's on the race car and they're fine, and I had a set on my CVH years back; also fine.

Reply to
??? Abo ???

Tharr yee go:

REMUS

Nah its in oxford now and is all welded up but its going to west wiltshire.

Reply to
Michael Kent

1.3 X-flow can take-um apart with my eyes closed near enough
Reply to
Michael Kent

Is this what you meant as a link kit?

Michael Kent

So that gives Cam's, Carbs, Front Sus, Strutbrace, Link Kit, Rear Struts, Strip Out and Exhaust as mods to plan for so far. Sound Ok?

Reply to
Michael Kent

Engine swap. SR20DET from a 200SX would be a good start.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Not as a production car they didn't.[1]

However, there were lots of genuine RS2000s converted to flat front over the years. I did a couple, even though I like the noseconed ones.

[1] Unless you're Australian, in which case ISTR they did a 4 dr 2.0 Mk2 as well.
Reply to
Pete M

Yep. But it wasn't an RS2000.

Fraser