Oh my darling 309

I recently crashed and wrote off my pride and joy, a lightly modified

1987 Peugeot 309 1.9 GTI. Bit daft, but I've made up a little song about her, to be sung to the tune of "Clementine".

Near a garage, in a small town, On a double yellow line, Dwelt a motor, one-point-niner T'was my Peugeot 309.

Oh my darling, oh my darling Oh my darling, 309 Thou art lost and gone forever, Dreadful sorry, 309.

She was lowered, with a big zorst, And her wheels were mighty fine,

5-spokers off a Focus She was a sporty 309

CHORUS

Drove her myself to the office Every morning just at nine, Smashed her into a Merc Sprinter, Was the end of 309

CHORUS

Tank ruptured, fire caught her, Flames engulfed her in no time, But alas, I was no fireman, So I lost my 309.

CHORUS

Took my bird out, to the great park Then I boned her, 'gainst the pine Then I did her on the bonnet Must have killed the 309

CHORUS

In my dreams she still doth haunt me, The mighty roar of t'one-point-nine; Though in life I used to drive her, Now she's dead, no more redline.

Reply to
James Turner

Nice :) Bored are we ;)?

And aren't Ford wheels the wrong offset :) ?

Reply to
Dan405

Yep - ET35 instead of ET15. The centre-bore is wrong too :)

Reply to
Nom

James Turner wrote: :: I recently crashed and wrote off my pride and joy, a lightly modified :: 1987 :: Peugeot 309 1.9 GTI. Bit daft, but I've made up a little song about :: her, to be :: sung to the tune of "Clementine". :: :: :: :: Near a garage, in a small town, :: On a double yellow line, :: Dwelt a motor, one-point-niner :: T'was my Peugeot 309. :: :: Oh my darling, oh my darling :: Oh my darling, 309 :: Thou art lost and gone forever, :: Dreadful sorry, 309. :: :: She was lowered, with a big zorst, :: And her wheels were mighty fine, :: 5-spokers off a Focus :: She was a sporty 309 :: :: CHORUS :: :: Drove her myself to the office :: Every morning just at nine, :: Smashed her into a Merc Sprinter, :: Was the end of 309 :: :: CHORUS :: :: Tank ruptured, fire caught her, :: Flames engulfed her in no time, :: But alas, I was no fireman, :: So I lost my 309. :: :: CHORUS :: :: Took my bird out, to the great park :: Then I boned her, 'gainst the pine :: Then I did her on the bonnet :: Must have killed the 309 :: :: CHORUS :: :: In my dreams she still doth haunt me, :: The mighty roar of t'one-point-nine; :: Though in life I used to drive her, :: Now she's dead, no more redline.

it's toe-tappingly tragic :D

-- Snapper

-- My Manwich!

Reply to