Oh my, Ultimate car import source.

Look at all the AE86s hehe! -

If you could import a load at close to those prices, you'd make a fortune :-) The very top one just needs the Bean Curd Jap writing on the side!

Reply to
DanB

It doubt that TBH and they don't seem to be that cheap either. AE86s are suffering from the Initial D tax in Japan as much as everywhere else.

I was thinking of getting one provided a mate of mine who imports Japanese cars would be able to get it over here before May this year. He checked with his sources in Japan who suggested that while my budget would by a top-condition one (AFAIR it was around 4.5k/1 million YEN), I'd also be in for a long wait as really good ones don't come up that often.

And I don't think the UK needs more s**te ones, there are plenty of them over here already. Problem with most of them is that the owners don't know just *how* s**te the cars are and are asking for top money. And the really good ones tend to end up in Ireland anyway.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

But check out the Chasers and Centuries. And some of them are reasonable prices.

Reply to
Elder

Probably because the last thing the world needs is an overgrown 80s Carina or something that looks like the bastard child of an 80s Carina and a Chrysler 300c.

Reply to
SteveH

But that's just an old 3 door 1.6 Corrola and is available as a UK car. They were so looked down on (everyone that was anyone with a hot hatch had a RST, XR3i or Golf GTi) that they didn't sell many and you may have a problem finding one.

never been drifted Get the version that was never imported to the UK.
(hope you didn't want any interior, it looks like it has been drifted) $4,940 Shipping $834 Insurance ? $500 Landed £3,155.79

  • customs + registration + tax Easily £4,000 then you get hammered for Import car insurance every year for as long as you like.
Reply to
Peter Hill

Why, in your Top Gear Nissan GTR thread that you cross posted to several car groups, did you move the GTR up in the standings and change it's time to

1:18.9 from 1:19.7 in the text file you linked to?

I did point your, no doubt accidental error, out but you didn't reply over there :-)

Reply to
DanB

I think I only followed up with correct info on u.t about 16 min after show aired.

I didn't move it up, I got suckered. Someone was planting red herrings as GT-R OC forum had money on it. Seems correct time had been leaked on the GT-R wiki and then removed to disscussion/talk and then the track comparison section was removed completely....

Reply to
Peter Hill

Hehe you know better than to listen to Skyline owners about how fast Skylines are ;-) Although I suppose that's mainly about their own cars... I'm surprised they didn't have it placed at the top to be honest still heh!

Reply to
DanB

one's practically identical apart from the wheels to my old one, that I sold not long before the prices went silly :-(

Reply to
Homer

Gutted! Those wheels aren't that nice IMHO. Was yours modded at all? I like them, they're cool :-)

Reply to
DanB

With the ASBO influence on the Impreza I didn't expect to find a Subaru I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen driving:

Depresion

I love them, like a jap fiat 600. What made Subaru as a company too, producing little cars for the masses, just the mini, the 600 and the beetle.

Reply to
Elder

Wtf is it? I'm not surprised you like, you weirdo hehe ;-)

Reply to
DanB