oh well new car time

yup theres a new car on the drive for xmas :)

no it isnt a scooby or another cavvy

audi A4 estate 1.9 tdi

damn its even got a towbar

Reply to
Rob

Oh great. There goes another once-classy car plunging into the depths of chavdom ;)

Richard (note smiley).

Reply to
RichardK

nope i'm moving on from the cavs to pastures new :)

the avant is going to be treated to some new rims (some RS4 items if i can find em and a slight drop apart from that its going to remain completely stock

Reply to
Rob

just waiting on steve to come along and lambast my choice of car :)

anything that aint italian eh?

Reply to
Rob

well i plan on keeping this for 2 maybe 3 years so should last that length without major problems

might make a few mods a -40mm drop and some audi 18's

Reply to
Rob

Can I congratulate you on buying an Audi TDI.

You'll never ever regret it. If you drive it like you've stolen it you'll get 45mpg. Mine now has 145K on the clock and I'm about to spend money on t - because I want to keep it. Haven't thought that about a car for a long time - a truly faithfull servant it is.

Yours another Audi TDI owner (and an Alfa 145 as well, so I feel I can comment, having a foot in both camps). Love the Alfa - respect the Audi (a lot).

;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

What, no redtop?

Reply to
fishman

funny you should say that i've sold one of my spare redtops and will be sticking it in the audi to deliver :)but thats as close as its going to get :)

now for some taste on the car front

as i said -40mm drop some audi 18's(yes not aftermarket style) and a bit of twiddling to free some more power up

Reply to
Rob

How's the gearbox? One of our A4 TDis went through one gearbox at 70k miles, then the new one started showing signs of breaking when it went at

100k miles. The Audi garage simply said 'yeah that happens on them'.
Reply to
Carl Gibbs