Oi Francophiles, what is a 2004 Megane 1.5DCI like?

One locally. Normally I avoid froggie motors on principle after the bother my dad many years ago with an R20, and reviews of french cars showing the quick release interior trim.

The local one is a Dynamique.

Reply to
Elder

Much better than the 1.4 petrol.

Reply to
DervMan

Slow, but loads more reliable than you'd expect... Dynamique is 'slightly sporting pretentions' iirc.

Reply to
DanB

They're actually ok! (most of the time)

Make pretty certain all the lectrical gubbins works proper, especially the CC panel and dash, also make sure the front O/S wheel arch liner is properly in place [1] and that it has had all the software updates from a dealer [2]

Tim.. [1] the BSI module lives here and they let out the magic smoke if gotten wet = £900 for a new one. [2] importantly covers better software for the keycard immobilzer which looses sync with the car and you end up walking.

Reply to
Tim..

I've got some posh car mats for a Megane, for some reason they supplied two sets with the 225, so they're unused.

Reply to
Abo

think the 1.5 dci is cheap tax, i'm not keen on the dashboards in renaults and doors lack a quality clonk for me but if it's cheap enough i can't see why not. i was considering a clio at work with the 1.5dci, 100bhp and £35 a year tax is what tempted me. think there's 3 power ratings in the 1.5 dci, dunno if they are on the megane too. 65bhp 85bhp and 100bhp i think

Reply to
Vamp

Shit.

Next question?

Reply to
Steve H

Alfa Arna?

Reply to
Elder

Marginally worse.

But only marginally.

Reply to
Steve H

More exclusive, that's for sure.

Reply to
JackH

Allegedly there's only 1 road-worthy (which must be a very loose definition) example left in the UK.

Regularly seen at Alfa shows. At least the owner has a sense of humour.

Reply to
Steve H

Sick bastard.

Reply to