ok bout time i annouced...

... i have a new car, 1 or 2 people here may already know what it is so be quiet lol let the others guess. got it thursday lunchtime from work for a nice £6000 in the end (borrowed £4k this time after last time!) has 1 owner

23k miles and it's silver and is a 2005 model. i think a few maybe surprised... 1 clue is it's f*ck loads slower than the BMW but has handling to make you smile down the B roads. ok so what do you think i ditched the BMW for? (well still have the BMW current for sale feel free to ask if interested)
Reply to
Vamp

VX220?

Reply to
Clive George

Mk3 MR2? Ticks the much slower box (only 140bhp) and also the handling to make you smile box. If it's an 03 or later it'll have the revised engine with a timing chain instead of belt too. Wh00p@55!

Reply to
AstraVanMann

A Mini ?

Reply to
Homer

"Clive George" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Reply to
Adrian

Elise or MX5?

Reply to
Elder

Heh - ok, so my used car price guessing is off then? :-)

Reply to
Clive George

The only people I've seen offering 05 Elises for 6k are from Nigeria.

Reply to
Homer

This is Vamp we're talking about ;)

Reply to
Elder

A Mini, hopefully a Cooper not a One...

Reply to
DanB

Agreed. I'm hoping for a Cooper, but he was definately talkin about a One.

That or a Fiesta/Corsa - which would be a sad day, an Vamp would be right to expect condolences.

Reply to
DanB

Well you can (as someone I know did last month) pick up a One for 3k, still as they have the same engine you may as well get a one and chip it.

Reply to
Depresion

Spagthorpe Bologna V7 Diesel, in beige, with the wheels from a Mugwump Malarky Mk4.

Reply to
Pete M

That'd be Elder's car.. this is Vamp we're on about :-)

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Mini (Cooper hopefully) or a Focus Zetec.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

ding! a mini and no not a cooper a one, but it's the most fun i've had with a small car since the MR2 MK1 and you never have to brake cos it just darts round corners. so far added chrome mirror covers and whacked a xenon kit in and i get a nice 38mpg on average too!

going to keep it as it is for now added chrome tat probably then when bored chip it to a cooper as there meant to be lively enough!

i'm well happy! and i save over £150 a year in insurance too!

Reply to
Vamp

First or second generation, engine wise?

Reply to
JackH

Have you also taken out a subscription to 'Men's Health'?

GAYER!

Reply to
SteveH

2005 so i'm guessing first as it has the 1.6 not the 1.4
Reply to
Vamp

Actually I've driven a tuned one (in the pouring rain, admittedly) and was somewhat underwhelmed. I think they're possibly a giggle in the dry when they can get the power down but they aren't that great in the wet.

Reply to
Timo Geusch