OK, who has a bluetooth headunit?

Some time ago you recommended a sub you'd bought for the vee; I don't suppose that's now kicking about looking for a new home? TBH it looked ideal, but I'm too pikey to spend £130 on a new one, so I could definitely go for a 2nd hand one :-)

Apologies for the threadjack.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor

Hehe I did! Sorry dude it went to the new owner, he just already had it old head unit.

Reply to
DanB

Been looking at this

know it works out a bit pricey compared to the favoured Sony, but I can get a couple of % back as cashback, and if I can stick either a dual layer DVD or a memory stick/USB in I can cover just about as much as I need.

And the missus can watch a film while I drive if need be.

Reply to
Elder

Isn't that just some kind of Lax Power heap of s**te?

Reply to
SteveH

Rebranded Medion?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Car audio direct have them in, and they don't normally sell total tat.

I wouldn't expect audiophile sound, just better than a 15 year old system. I'm going to run some new speaker wires if needed (standard stuff not expensive gear) and fit some new speakers if needed, but I'm not going for the stupid install route,I like my boot space.

Reply to
Elder

Meh, they look like tat to me. Are you sure you're not just trying to be different :-)? What about something like this and add the Bluetooth adaptor (I think that;s what I remembered about mine - it could have an adaptor)?

I mean, you know the quality/build etc is gonna be ok that way, there is no chancing.

I'm trying to find mine right now heh, just cos it's bugging me as I'm sure it had BT, or at least the option of it.

Reply to
DanB

The idea of a Bluetooth head unit is nice and all that.

But I'd just buy a normal head unit and a Parrot minikit, which is easily moved between cars and just clips to your sunvisor.

I have one since we upgraded from Nokia 6230is to Blackberries - the BB doesn't work with Nokia CK7W kits. Feedback from callers is that they can't tell the difference in quality.

Reply to
SteveH

I think they had the option, and now, not just trying to be different,=20 if I was trying to be different I would spend =A31300 on a pre-amp only=20 Mackintosh and claim it is justified in my =A3900 for 1.5-2hrs a day I=20 drive.

I just want something that makes a reasonably clear loud noise from=20 factory or cheap replacement (maybe kicker or similar) speakers and not=20 fail. I'm not listening to CD audio classical. It will be FM radio, MP3=20 on CD/DVD/USB or even A2DP from my phone.

With the screen powered down and the button lights off, that looks=20 fairly bland. And the screen is touchscreen controller not just a stupid=20 sized TV.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

I reckon I'd forget and leave it in the car, and the pikeys would nick it, whereas the head unit just looks like any other with the fascia off.

It'd be different if the OE head unit was decent: I've already replaced the Fabia's HU with an old Pioneer as the OE one sucks. In my A3, the original head unit was pretty good, so not worth replacing.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Sound through the car speakers is nice, as is auto-muting of your music.

Reply to
Abo