Omega 2.5 oil coolers

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a common problem with the oil cooler blowing on the 2.5 v6 petrol engines?

I've just had one go on an Omega a bought a couple of months ago at

60,000 miles. I've read a few people say they go every couple of years!!!

Has anyone plumbed the thing out their system?

Cheers, Quin.

Reply to
Quin MacLeod

Yup common as f*ck, my Dad's had 2 now on his 3.0 MV6, make sure they change it for the stainless one I think, what happens is the oil cooler is such shit design the oil eats away at the channels allowing oil to mix with the water, it wont hurt the car too much as its only 1 way, ie oil in with water, not water in with oil, but if you open your header tank, it will look like someone's poured a catering size jar of Hellmans into it.

They are a bastard to get to on the 3.0, cost was around 300 quid, inc labour.

HTH

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

Cheers Ron! I've just phoned my local Vauxhall dealer and he quotes £500. I'd consider doing the job myself but I've still got a £300 warranty on the car as I only bought it a couple of months ago.

If it goes again I'm considering bypassing the thing, although I wonder if that will cause problems with overheating in the summer.

Quin.

Reply to
Quin MacLeod