OMFG a Mod

well i've commited the sin to beat all sins here,

i Actually Made and fitted a Modification to my car,

5 hours in the garage with an assortment of stainless bits a welder and an urge to relive my youth, the poor unsuspection cav now sports a rather raspy single box side exit exhaust :)

buekets and suspension kit getting fitted tommorow :)

Reply to
Rob

Seems to me, shame, pity, that you amateurs use stainless. Shame to seems to me, proper job, amateur etc (cont. p94)

Reply to
Steve Firth

Don't you mean Bouquets.

Reply to
Elder

No, he means Burkahs, so that no-one can see it's him in the chavalier...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Don't mention real modifications in here - most people in this group don't even know how a car works so they get confused. God knows why most of them are here. Modifications to them means glue some big pieces of plastic on and call it a spoiler and it gains an extra 300BHP. Usually on a 1litre Corsa (with front fog lights permanently on in daylight) and chav occupant with his *friend* dressed in matching tracksuit and cap. When they hit 30mph no wonder they need a sunroof. At least you have performed a modification and not lied about wanting that raspy sound. That is acceptable. What a shame others could not follow your example.

Reply to
djc

You are Chris 'the dogger' Stevens. ICMFF copies of Readers Wives.

Reply to
SteveH

Steady on, that'll never last.

Sounds painful. I'm thinking about overclocking :) my ECU dongle to see if it soots more. Mwaha mwahahahaa ahahahah

Reply to
DervMan

Well it works for some gimp boy.

New front spoiler and bootlid spoiler gained this car over 600bhp.

Reply to
ThePunisher

well the tdi bus is already chipped giving a good gain so do it dervy :)

been smoking about in a 307 2l hdi today, didnt really appreciate just how goot my audi donk was

Reply to
Rob

Lol - I can't think of anything on a 307 that's better than its equivalent part on an A4.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The flush?

Reply to
DervMan

The price.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Interior space.

Anyway, it's a crap comparison, given that the 307 is a medium sized family hatch, vs. a premium priced short wheelbase Passat.

I suspect the 307 would come out quite favourably when compared with an A3, though.

Reply to
SteveH

Hehehe I love the way it thinks it's opinion matters hah. It;s the same guy that didn't know there was a minimum amount a company had to turnover before it had to pay VAT - he proudly wandered in and stated "All UK traders, no matter their size, must be registered for VAT"

Reply to
Iridium

But the passat is golf based

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The new one is, yeah.

But Rob's A4 is a sawn-off B5 platform, ISTR.

Reply to
SteveH

307 is also cheaper than Golf.
Reply to
Douglas Payne

Suprisingly close, actually.

Comparing the 'sporty' diesels....

Pug 307 HDI 136 GT = £18100 VW Golf TDI 140 GT = £18495

Audi are taking the piss, though....

Audi A3 TDI 140 Sport = £20580

Reply to
SteveH

Yes, but one of these cars is French. This means that the dealer will automatically offer a huge discount off the new price and will have eleventy nine pre-registered examples with the same 17 miles on if you want one.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

This is true, but it'll be worth about 50p in 5 years time. Whereas the Golf will be worth a few grand - overall cost of ownership, even taking into account the massive discounts on the Pug is largely the same over

3-5 years.
Reply to
SteveH