One for the Italian car pervs

Looks like it's in rather good nick given their quick-dissolve reputation.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

There aren't any Italian car pervs left in here now SteveH got fed up of us :-(

I had a Sud briefly in Athens. It was ok. The 33 1.7 I had a couple of years ago was miles better. I drove a friends 1.4 33 sometimes out in Athens too. It was horrid, but at least it had an optional wooden steering wheel.

I'll sum them up thus:

Good points : Engine . Engine Noise. Decent Handling

Bad Points : Everything else.

They're really not that great.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Aside from me, but I've given up on buying Italian four-wheelers here in the UK. Still got a few Italian bikes in the garage though.

They were back in the 70s. Actually I had a Sud sprint around 10 years ago. Great car until I buggered a wheel in one of London's bigger potholes and couldn't find a replacement...

Reply to
Timo on tour

I keep thinking of buying a 'bike again. Might wait until after xmas and decide then. Won't be Italian though..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I still own a Fiat.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Excellent, more two-wheeled scum to hate.

Reply to
Steve Firth

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 18:42:22 +0100, Steve Firth yelled loudly:

Heh! I'm only thinking of it. Usually on a nice hot day when I walk past a couple of bikes parked up outside work. There's a Ducati, an R1 and a ZX-9. The smell of a hot bike makes me think it would be nice to have one again. Then I usually come to my senses. It's simply too much hassle and I am not interested enough to justify spending money on not only a bike, but all the kit that I'd need again. That is made clearer to me when I'm driving home and it's pissing down. I just don't think I can be arsed with it anymore. 4 wheels is better

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Welcome to the collective, you have been assimilated.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Nice! No radio ever. Someone's driven 57,000 miles with no radio. Jesus christ they were either deaf or always had really interesting passengers to talk to.

Reply to
fishman

That's the same with me although I keep getting vaguely tempted. Got the SWMBO and I DAS earlier this year but haven't ridden since then. It's far easier to find a fairfly decent, modern SOC than it is a SOB

- they don't seem to depreciate so much as cars. I've never spent more than a grand on a car so it feels funny to be considering paying several times that for a bike.

Then when looking at SOB price range, we're probably looking at doubling the budget to get all the protective clothing etc. Weather here isn't really that pleasant to rely on a bike either, though plenty do it and I did my lessons and tests in the snow (never felt my fingers the whole time)!

Reply to
fishman