Oooh, news

Interesting !

Although, I'm not sure exactly how it would work in practice - a namby pamby girls car like the MGF, surely isn't gonna help the TVR brand ?

Reply to
Nom

Think about it, when you park your cars next to a pile of s**te, it makes them look better :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Why rebrand it? Think about it this way - if they can get agreement for the chassis / shell of the ZT and stick a TVR drivetrain into it then they have a big, good handling, arse end drive saloon car with serious attitude. The MGTF could stay badged as MGTF and it'd give them a brand name and a facility for some smaller lower priced cars.

I'm more interested in what happens to Powertrain than the MG/Rover brands. Again a small V6 / i4 powered TVR would be an interesting proposition.

I still want a ZT260. Give it the 400bhp it deserves (from either the speed

6 or a V8 motor) and it'd be exciting. Give it 500-600bhp and it'd be M5 territory.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The ZT260 is stupidly easy to get 400bhp out of. It's basically a Mustang motor, detuned.

Our Lincolns use the same lump, but in Police spec, which is around 300 bhp, IIRC.

Reply to
Pete M

He didn't say F he said TF Still not a TVR and still with a "Hairdresser" rep, but still a decent car in it's own right.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Hmm. I struggled to enjoy the MG TF mostly because of the ride quality. Lack thereof. The Lotus Elise rides better and although I don't have intimate knowledge of the handling and limits of the MGTF and Elise back to back, I'd be seriously surprised if racing drivers pronounced the MGTF better than the Elise.

It felt like a backwards or sideways step in far too many respects.

It was about this point I started thinking about how things were... :-\

Reply to
DervMan

You think they'd buy one without the other ?

They're a pair of big girl's blouses :)

Reply to
Nom