opinions please

I reckon a 6.5 sorta time is more realistic, its FWD, with a lot of power, no matter how good the diff is, it can't defy the laws of physics :)

Reply to
Dan405

Cos the Scooby is 4wd.

Anyhow, the 220bhp Scoobies can't do it in sub six seconds - aren't you thinking of the 280bhp WRX/STi ?

Reply to
Nom

Well at least with the pre facelift scoobys im sure the 0-60 was 5.9 the P1/WRX types did it in 4.9 I beleive.

Correct me if im wrong.

Reply to
Andy R

P1 is faster than that I think but no top end.

Reply to
Theo

Nah, that's the new facelift ones.

0-60 in 5.9 seconds for the 215bhp WRX, and 0-60 in 5.2 seconds for the265bhp STi.

If the 215bhp 4x4 Scooby takes 5.9 seconds to 60, then the chances of the

230bhp FWD Neon making the dash in 5.8 seconds, are approximately zero :)

Yeah, they did. But they were loony-tuned :)

Can't be bothered to look up the figures properly, but

it's 6.4 seconds to 60mph. With 208bhp and 4wd, that compares reasonablyto the TIs 7 seconds, with 200bhp and FWD. Weight is very similar betweenthe two.

As you said, the Neon's time is prolly with zero fuel, and 5 stone driver, on hot slicks, on a sub-zero air-temp day :)

Reply to
Nom