OT: 5th Gear

Bit stupid to test the durability of an older merc, by hitting it with roundshot, then a grenade and finally explosives on the engine block. They do get some really stupid ideas. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Just a copy of what TG did to that Toyota truck - but not so funny.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The difference being that the Toyota was at least given a chance, even if the abuse it received was rather severe. As was shown by it still being mobile under it's own power at the end. It really did show how tough the thing was. OTOH I don't think it or any other car could be expected to survive a grenade and explosives, so their demonstration of toughness didn't really prove anything. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Anyone notice that VBH's arse seems to be getting bigger?

Still would have a go at it after a few beers though eh??

Reply to
Me

I would rather eat my own stir-fried vomit, thanks.

Reply to
DervMan

On number 43 for Derv. Would you like rice with that?

Reply to
Depresion

Yep and she's got a beer belly... the trappings of fame eh? If she's to continue trading off her looks she's going to have to shape up!

Reply to
fishman

I still wish Top Gear or 5th gear would do a similar form of test on a few different cars. Get a good japanese one in there, and loads of french ones. Be interested to see a few peugeot and a few citreons in the line-up; bet they wouldn't be starting at all after that :-)

Reply to
Yozzi

French peasantmobiles seem to run forever, with a little maintenance. A friend runs a Kangoo van with 310,000 miles on it. A guy I used to work with had 400,000km on his Renault 5 and I've seen much the same for Citroen C15 vans. These kind of cars often see hard work for decades.

Wouldn't put the same faith in a Citroen SM though.

Reply to
Madge O'Reene

Yes, and yes

Although the proportions are now symptomatic of BTCTG syndrome.

That's bum too close to ground, and defined by the length of the legs, length of the torso and width of the bum in question.

Nick

Reply to
NickD

Trading off her looks? IMO she's never been particularly attractive physically anyway, and the way she fawns to those she interviews. Plus the facial contortions she makes when talking, I find most off-putting. Gurning VBH. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Which TV program dropped a Volvo from a crane at increasing heights until they killed it?

Peter Hill

I dare say the amount you spend on maintenance for (the most part, some are decent!) French car would probably peeve you off prior to getting those

310,000 miles!

French *vans* on the otherhand are usually superb; I figure it's the lesser electrics personally. That's the only problem mostly with french cars, the basis can be okay sometimes for the vehicle, then they go put wires around things they just shouldn't.

I'm getting bored of both top gear and fifth gear, kinda amusing, but still useless in the long term for anybody after info on cars. But then, of course, you have the interweb to research on. To think these guys get paid nearly a million a year, or more in clarkson's case...geeso.

Reply to
Yozzi

"Ewww, I don't remember eating a kitten."

Reply to
DervMan

Oh come on.

She's no fitty, but she aint that bad, and I've seen your site with the pics...

Makes me laugh some times what people come out with.

Reply to
AndyR

She's a 2 pinter.

Reply to
SteveH

VBH is just plain annoying. If her redeeming feature is that she likes cars, soccer, or whatever, great it's like sleeping with your mate. :-/

Reply to
DervMan

Triple bagger.

Wolf trap.

FFS, she smokes cigars, ewwwwww.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I assume it was TG, but I would say that would have more relevance to the actual strength of car in a crash situation, than using explosives. Would that be the same Volvo they drove into a brick wall? Mike.

Reply to
Mike G