OT: Anyone into Drum'Bass / Speed Jazz / Trip Hop?

Hi,

I remember seeing a few posts over the years discussing music and drum'n'bass/ Trip Hop occasionally pops up. A few friends of mine have had a D'nB band for a few years, I'm just trying to get them some more exposure / opinions on their music. It's all good (though not my sort of thing), all played live, no dubs or backing tracks and drum machines.

I've got 100 CDs here, all professionally produced. Anyone who wants one for free, email me off group with your address and I'll get one out to you. All opinions appreciated!!

Cheers!

Mike P

mike DOT pearson31 AT virgin DOT net

Mike P

Initial opinion says that they'd possibly do a bit better to get some white labels pressed and hand them out to get a bit of exposure that way. Apologies if I'm teaching a junglist to suck eggs ;)

Reply to
pi(obfuscated)

No, not at all! We always give them out free at gigs, just got a load spare, someone went a bit OTT when they ordered them, but now there's a new materials and a new CD on it's way before too long, so I'm just trying to get rid of as many as possible, and trying every available way!

If anyone wants a copy but doesn't want to give their address, that's fair enough, I can also upload the CD to the web for download.

Cheers Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I was thinking of vinyl.. If they've got some good tunes that stand out from the background noise of everything else, people (djs) will play them out and about. Thats how you get mashheads all over the uk asking in record shops for 'that tune, you know, sounds like this..' :D

Thats a good idea!

Reply to
pi(obfuscated)