OT: anyone know a good piece of free E-bay sniping software?

I'm after bidding on something that might take off.

I don't want to be out bid.

Need something that is a)free b)trustworthy (don't fancy it phoning home my ebay login to the author). c)Downloadable, don't want to enter my ebay details anywhere other than on my PC, or E-bay.

Cheers.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

John Fisher

It allows you to avoid showing your hand too early. Most seasoned ebayers want to avoid bidding until the last minute. It's the online equivalent of trying to look disinterested at a real live auction.

Reply to
John Fitzgerald

Well, these progs that bid for you at the last moment would need to know your details, surely?

And if any of the other bidders is using one too, you'll have no advantage.

Just stick in your maximum bid and pray...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

That was why I said trustworthy. Something that someone else has used, and not had any experience of problems with. or from a known developer who has been doing this kind of thing for a while.

True, but you won't know till you try.

I used Turbosniper in the end.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yeah, I know that - I'm a "seasoned ebayer" :) I've never bothered with sniping software though, and I manage just fine.

Reply to
Nom

Problem was, the auction finished while I was at work. I can check on progress, if I remeber, but if I get tied up on something, there is a good chance I'll forget.

And smallish TFT monitors, that aren't those hideous Keycorp/Unisys ones that need a dedicated 2meg PCI card, are a rare thing.

As such, they tend to rocket away. using sniping software, you can avoid this, by only having to bid at the last second, without having to remember to log on.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo