OT but mildly amusing: The Lightbulb Controversy

How many posters in this Newsgroup does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

12 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

9 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

6 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

4 to flame the spell checkers.

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

1 to complain about top-posting.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another

6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive.

3 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

8 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

17 to post that this News Group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.

13 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this NG.

25 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

6 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

3 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

5 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

11 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

3 to cross-post replies to twelve other News Groups.

4 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

5 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".

1 infrequent visitor to the group to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

LOL but who is counting the watts that they use, and lightbulbs are relevant to this group as my car has them.

and while we are on the subject whats your experience of the following??

1, neon 2, bright whites. 3, normal filaments bulbs
Reply to
AUSSIE BONGO

Hehehehehehe.

Mind you, having watched one Ka owner take her Ka's lightbulb out, finger it all over, ask me if I thought it a bright one, then not get the sarcasm when I said, "brighter than the owner, and it's switched off right now," it takes all sorts.

Above mentioned Ka owner soon chopped her Ka in for a *cough cough*, which had parking sensors, but the first time she tried them she backed it into another car - twice - because she didn't understand that they didn't put the brakes on for her.

She chopped it for a MG ZR. Took it back to the dealers inside the first week with all sorts of problems, most owner-caused, specifically, owner-not-reading-the-bloody-handbook caused.

Then she explained that it didn't have a handbook.

Combination of being unlucky and being stupid.

Reply to
DervMan

Sorry. I'm being divvy, what was the 2nd car? Not a Golf perchance?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

1 to point out that it's a very old joke?
Reply to
Depresion

Rover 25. Bought because it was better quality than the Ka and British, heh.

Reply to
DervMan

My psyciatrist says you cant change it until it really wants to change.

Reply to
Burgerman

As long as they're on all the time...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You anti-social rogue, you! :0

Reply to
DervMan

become a bus driver you get told to leave our lights on at all times, just incase a forign touresit doesn't notice you are about to run them over in a big f*ck off red double decker bus :)

Reply to
dojj

i'm so glad you didn;'t start that little tale with "my friend once....." we can now regal in tales of not clever people we have had the misbefuddlement to experience in our past :)

Reply to
dojj

Nah, Rover / MG owner was great, really. She had stacks of cash and didn't appreciate the value of second hand Ka bits...

I think our rear lights were hers.

Reply to
DervMan

it depends on what you wish to change, the thoughts of the thing that youwish to change and your capability in being of greater will power and forcing your command on the thing which needs changing hence a light bulb is not that difficult to change, unless it's fitted to the front of a Mercedes vito and you do not posses fingers of a suitable girth and dexterity to slip in between all the covers and get the bastard thing out in the first place

Reply to
dojj

1 to start a post with "hello. Don't use anything but an original manufacturers bulb. Infact, don't change the bulb. If it blew, it blew for a reason. If you point another one in, you are compounding the problem, and a child in morocco may die.

Change the car instead. Much safer."

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Followed up by:

'can i put a screwe threed bulb ina buyanette fitting'

Reply to
SteveH

yes but you have to hammer a nail through the screw bit first, if you dont do this it may fall out as you pass a old person and scare them

Reply to
AUSSIE BONGO

No you can't change a bulb only facilitate the bulb changing it's self.

Reply to
Depresion