OT:But need help with meal plans.

I know a few of you are either in the North/Northwest or have visited=20 for a meal once in a while.

I'm taking the missus out for a meal. I haven't got the foggiest where=20 yet. I want it to be something a little bit different than the usual=20 Warrington Indian/Chinese.

Can hop on a train or as I'm on the Anti-depressants now and not=20 drinking I can drive, so Manchester/Liverpool/Lancashire/Cheshire/North- wales would be an idea.

I did think of Welsh's Caribbean restaurant in Bolton or Curry mile but=20 they mean trains/taxis and being back before last train as parking a=20 convertible there isn't something I fancy.

There is the St Peterburg russian restaurant in Liverpool, but I know=20 the missus would hit the vodkas and I would be pissed off and sober. Or there is Jubala South African in Chester, or the Cedar tree Lebanese=20 in the centre of Manchester.

I can't decide if any of those would be any good, so any idea for others = =20 would be great. Biggest problem is, she can be fussy. Not about types of=20 cooking, but different meats, and how thoroughly it is cooked, or=20 whether main courses and starters mix fruit with meats etc.

Budget is about =A3100 for us both. Not a fortune but about as much as I=20 can stretch to, so don't go suggesting Heathcotes, Nutters, or one of=20 the other Celeb chef places.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Well, there's an American place in Lymm - McRonalds or something. Good parking and convenient access to the M56/M6. Sounds like just the ticket.

Reply to
conkersack

Actually, on a serious note, what about the Lymm Bistro on Bridgewater Ave? It's very good, excellent food, easy parking and great value (yeah ok, the owner is a freind but it is a good place).

Reply to
conkersack

You're doing what?

What's all that about, then?

Reply to
SteveH

I'm taking the missus out for a meal. I haven't got the foggiest where yet. I want it to be something a little bit different than the usual Warrington Indian/Chinese.

Can hop on a train or as I'm on the Anti-depressants now and not drinking I can drive, so Manchester/Liverpool/Lancashire/Cheshire/North- wales would be an idea.

I did think of Welsh's Caribbean restaurant in Bolton or Curry mile but they mean trains/taxis and being back before last train as parking a convertible there isn't something I fancy.

There is the St Peterburg russian restaurant in Liverpool, but I know the missus would hit the vodkas and I would be pissed off and sober. Or there is Jubala South African in Chester, or the Cedar tree Lebanese in the centre of Manchester.

Can you not just ask her not to drink...?

Reply to
DanTXD

I'll look them up cheers. Did think about the Chili Club too.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

We haven't been out for the best part of this year. Money has been tight and things have been pretty shit. So f*ck it, spend it and enjoy it just once. I would probably be miserable straight after anyway, whether I was careful, or blew some of it.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

It is more the fact that I can't. I love decent Vodka too, and going to a russian place know for it's prize Vodka collection would be a killer

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Can't remember the last time we went anywhere other than the local Indian, excluding whilst in France or Portugal.

Reply to
SteveH

Ah :)

Reply to
DanTXD

That is the problem. Same here, we have the usual indian/chinese, greek and thai in town, but they are always pretty chavved.

Normally end up getting a take away, as I can avoid the towncentre and have a choice of 10 different pretty decent takeaways of all kinds within a mile.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

There's a new Libyan restaurant in Altrincham. Haven't been yet but certainly sounds... interesting!

Reply to
fishman

Excellent. Will check that.

Reply to