OT: Car post

Washed the Merc today. The bonnet and nearside wing look like they've been replaced at some point due to accident damage and the paintjob isn't that great. Looks like previous owners have piled on layer after layer of cheap car wax to try and shine it up a bit, leaving it kind of chalky.

I found the t-cut and set to work. A couple of hours later I have a lovely shiny all-over Merc. Result!

First time I've used t-cut for that purpose.

I also used some back-to-black. It's rubbish isn't it!

Reply to
fishman

I like Autoglym BumperCare for those black bits :-)

Reply to
DanB

Peanut butter, smooth obviously.

Reply to
Elder

If you are interested in makin paint flat and shiny easily forget T cut and buy some G3...

it works by hand just as well as power.

Reply to
Burgerman

79p shoe polish is the way. The stuff that's liquid and has a foam applicator on the end of the bottle.
Reply to
Doki

Was taking about the backtogrey not working. Peanut butter works great. Especially so if some of the grey is caused by a build up of wax/polish residue as well as fading.

Reply to
Elder

That does work quite well, but it's an arse if you lean against it in a white shirtly apparently...

Reply to
DanB