OT: Death Proof.

Just watched it, what a nutty little film.

Now I'm all confuddled, I should want a '69 Dodge Charger R/T 440, but the '70 Challenger 440 is tempting too.

Hmm. I know where there's a 440. In a Jensen. Oh bollocks....

Reply to
Pete M

I'd rather have the Challenger than the Charger. Much cooler IMHO, no Dukes of Hazzard connection. Anyone ITK will be thinking 'Vanishing Point' ;)

Reply to
Abo

Nothing wrong with the Dukes of Hazzard. Good 'ol boys, them.

Vanishing point Challenger or Bullitt Charger, I still think the Charger looks better.

Reply to
Pete M

True, nothing wrong with the Dukes

What, that black one he's chasing in his 390 Fastback?

No doubt, the Charger is a cool car but IMHO it's a bit of an obvious choice so the Challenger has the edge in the cool stakes for me.

If I could have a muscle car it'd be a tossup between the 1970 Challenger 440 in Vanishing Point white, or the 1969 Camaro 427 in black I think.

Reply to
Abo

I want a 69 Charger R/T 440 too, have done for about 20 years. I'll import a decent one when I have enough wedge spare to do so. I think they look better in red ;-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Heh, worst film I saw last year I thought, and by some margin.

Reply to
Iridium

Wrong vanishing point but...

1979 3 secs to 300 plus
snipped-for-privacy@317.mov In 1984 Sammy recorded a pass of 3.58 at Santa Pod Raceway which still stands as the absolute ET record anywhere on the planet. Which I watched with amazement. Actual time over the 440 yards is 3.583 secs at 386.26 mph. And he only had the power on for half the track... Thats 100mph per second plus! (or double that really since it was freewheeling for the second half and slowing down.)
Reply to
Burgerman

Muscle cars, Rose McGowan, carnage. What's not to like?

Reply to
Abo

Only part that tends to work then...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Would have to agree although the music and chase at the end were okay.

Reply to
Homer

Planet Terror was the better of the two I thought, plus you got to see more or Rose McGowan in it.

Reply to
Homer

It's taken a lot of fettling to get the bleedin' thing to run right though. First the carb started to play up, then he blew the gearbox up by dropping it into drive at around 3000rpm, then the starter died - but only after he'd replaced the battery thinking it was that. It's been a tale of neverending woe, but now it runs pretty bloody sweetly.

The thing that caused most of the hassle was a weak spring in the dizzy.

Reply to
Pete M

In both senses of the term ;)

Reply to