OT: Ebay

A little off topic but I want to run a search for cars located in and around the US zip code area 93274, but every time I tell eBay where to go and look it shows me pikey UK stuff...

Where am I going wrong?

Obvious comments :) welcome as well as useful stuff too...

Reply to
DervMan

Works okay for me, go to

then advanced search and tick the "Items near me" option. Or just click the link below.http://tinyurl.com/yk5ge8

Reply to
Homer

Are you logged in (it knows where you live). Are you using Ebay UK If yes Do you have uk only, European union, rest of world restriction set correctly

Reply to
Elder

BTW, logged onto ebay.com went to the motors link and put in your zip and it worked fine. Pulled back US stuff.

I take it that is a Cali Zip code. You making the move permanent then? If so, hunt yerself a Derv truck and stick this in.

He brews his own, and drives a Caddy Diesel.

Reply to
Elder

Ebay UK appears to be my home ebay, which is of course logical enough. When I try an advanced search for worldwide or otherwise, it... defaults right back to UK stuff.

Reply to
DervMan

Ahha. Gotcha. I was being stupid, or a dumbass :) and trying it from the UK site...

Reply to
DervMan

Yeah, but, the planned time to do this is still 2010 to 2012 or so.

Meanwhile I'm just looking at depreciation and vehicle costs. In Arkanas, for example, the sticker price on four cylinder, early 1990s baby pickups is around $2,000. My first thought was "HFM?" but at this age, the exception is the vehicle with some rust on it. Many have faulty air conditioning units, standard / stick transmission and a relatively big, rough donk (2.5 I4, similar to that used in the Jeep Wrangler sold over here)... but they keep on going...

The V8 / V10 diesel trucks are still stupidly expensive to buy used... and there are just so few smaller diesels available thanks to GM's brilliance in the early 80s by selling diesels with no fuel filter... :-/

Reply to
DervMan

How are you going to convince the authorities to let you stay?

Reply to
ThePunisher

I married an American lady...

Reply to
DervMan

Ah! the best way, won't you still get the 3rd degree thou?

Reply to
ThePunisher

Yes, but it won't be any worse (just different) than the backwards immigration system we had to jump through the hoops for when we married in the UK back in 2000. By then we may well have kiddies, which will simplify the process somewhat...

This last trip I didn't get pulled over by any police or park rangers, so maybe they'll have forgotten about me in 2011? :)

Reply to
DervMan