(ot) FAO ADSL users.

Feck, you see, curse of the would-be pedant.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Let them go under then. They won't be missed.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And on punters doing 30-100 meg a month of web and email (of which there will be plenty) they're making a big profit.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Got a mate doing 2x 1.5 meg lines, flat out all day every day - that's 972 gigabytes a month. No complaints from our ISP they're just happy for the 70 quid / mth.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You've discriminated unfairly by moving a group of users to a lower grade (higher contended) service than another group of users for no reason. I think plusnet is on dodgy ground.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

/what is the sound of one hand clapping/

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

What is he downloading?

Reply to
Simon Dent

99% of drivers exceed the speed limit, so ban them ALL from driving?
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Only Pipex and BT Business Broadband have a clean slate on the ISPs I come across for being responsive, useful, friendly and reliable.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

From what I can gather Steve Firth is his real name. Unlike, from what I can gather, Ronny.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

thinks for a bit.... shall I... naaah... not worth it...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Hmmm... to be fair myself (and many other) computing professionals use OE because it's there and we have to support it.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I love it when that happens - "You were in for a day, I don't make that a month" is my favourite quote.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

... and Steve's replies are on the borderline between amusing and tedious.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Trouble is it's potential - I've had a crap year this year, not got settled into anything decent... my wife has earned more than me this year.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Data. Mostly binary, in the form of electrical representations of ones and zeros.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The directors, if they are so worried about profits, could always choose to settle for a smaller, cheaper car this year. That would probably cover it.

Reply to
Steve Firth

What's O2 got to do with it? Do 3 use their networks?

Not really to be honest. I'm just about to start a new off-topic thread.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yeh the big difference being that after a day something had been achieved. I know permies who can't even get around to opening their post from the first of the month by the end of the month.

I do quite like days when the permies start walking towards the door en masse about 10AM. They are on their way to some tedious management meeting or other at which absolutely bugger all will be achieved apart from a recitation from the Book Of Bullshit Bingo. Meanwhile, in peace and quiet, I get on with the work which is actually v. v. interesting.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No, no, I insist, go ahead.

Reply to