OT:god this is turning into a slow week already.

Hehehehe - YKIMS. The Southern one actually does look marginally better than the other one, but only 'cos it's got more written about it - both look a good bet. Go for it!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

LOL - Go for it - you and Carl get one each, then combined with Doug's one, it'll be a contender for the title of the new official UKRCM car - the new

620ti!
Reply to
AstraVanMan

Heh. Good point. It's on my watch list. I'm going down to Burnley at the weekend, as it happens...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I've emailed him to ask if he would be interested in a Swift. If not I wont bother as it's too much hassle!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Oooh, that's nice.

Bet it'll go for around £4k.

Reply to
SteveH

Not a bad call, I looked at 'em before I bought the Marea.

Definitely should be on the list for anyone who wants a RWD car for under a grand.

Indeed. Very good call - finding a nice one could be a problem, though.

Reply to
SteveH

Idiot!

Told ya :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'm was tempted to get one, coz I reckon I could have got in a magazine article with it :)

It's on my list for a change of car in the summer (if I last that long without changing!) :)

Indeedily. Also they can go for silly money (compared to a similar age

325), but you could be lucky.
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

There's a fugly pooh brown coloured 1987 Merc 560 sel on autotrader for 750 quid - all depends on the definition of "fun" but if you can afford to give it some silly springs and shocks it'll be entertaining, maybe even frightening...

Tim S Kemp

Chrome arches.

Run away.... quickly.

Reply to
SteveH

Yeah, but that's only, um, £3k over budget. Er..

Reply to
Albert T Cone

He did say "Don't care about appearance, image or economy. " so it just needs an irish plate and some burberry dice...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

There only seems to be one 75 on autotrader, nationwide, and that's £1800 asking. Yoiks. I suppose owners club websites might be the place to look.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I think that's the absolute minter of a shiny black one with multi-spoke alloys, isn't it?

However, at the budget end of the market:

Alfa 75 3.0 V6 1992 (F reg) 113,000 miles. Black. Full Veloce bodykit. Revolution alloys. New tyres & new rear Koni shocks. Sunroof. Lowered suspension and tracking by Alwyn Kershaw York. Very light NSF corner damage to wing and bonnet. Bonnet aok. Spares/repair or ideal track day car. E-mail piejko@NOSPAMbtinternet for pics. No MOT/tax. £425 ono.

(taken from the AROC-UK website)

They're fairly simple cars, so I wouldn't be too concerned about the lack of MOT unless it looks terminally rotten. Parts are available to fix it, and not expensive. Must be worth a look if you're close enough. It's Junction 9 of the M25..... or email him for pics.

Reply to
SteveH

Was that the one on ebay? That got snapped up for £750 after I suggested it to someone I know :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It's a quite tidy looking white 2.0 TS, with low mileage.

Cheers for that. Good price, unfortunately it's kind of at the wrong end of the country for me :-(

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Looks pukka, with just the right amount of fading/staining to the=20 drivers seat to suggest the miles are at least ball park, and it has=20 been used with "enthusiasm".

V Nice.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Here we go:

YKIMS.

Reply to
SteveH

If it's any good just post it to the UK piece by piece :) In fact a few > choice bits would be fine - you can keep the shell :) Sorry mate it's on the other side of the country. About 2000 miles away.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Sheepskin coat and a tweed trilby.