OT: Help Required locating replacement ECU

Hi All,

Hope I'm not out of line here. If im in the wrong place please can someone point me in the right direction.

I've just had the ECU stolen from my car (Fiat Punto M Reg 55S 1108cc).

Trying to find a replacement is proving difficult. Fial dealers and most mechanics just dont want to know and are not being helpfull in the slightest.

I'm trying to find out if an ECU from a newer model would work. So far the only one I've found is from a P reg 1200cc Punto for £50 scrap.

Any advice or pointers would be very helpful, please reply to group or by email to bs[at]solomou.com

Thanks, B.

Reply to
BS

That's a bit of a bugger - especially as the ECU is useless without a full set of keys and lock barrels.

AFAIK, you can, with a bit of bodgery, interchange the ECUs. It's something that's been done by Cinquecento modifiers.

However - you'll also need a full set of keys (or at least the red one) and the lock barrels.

This is because the ECU also contains the immobiliser - which cannot be recoded. The keys also cannot be recoded unless you have the red one.

If you do take the ECU and the full set of locks - ensure you get the transponder reciever from in the steering column. You also need to swap this over.

Reply to
SteveH

Whoah. Thanks Steve.

Reply to
BS

Kind of makes you wonder why someone decided to nick the ECU.

However, Friend of mine knows a Fiat dealer in London who regularly has engine parts nicked from vehicles in the compound, apparently stolen to order.

Reply to
Fishman19