OT: Holland

Any of you lot been over there, and is beer much cheaper? Got to go over there in a week or two and wondered if it's worth stocking up.

Reply to
Doki

Forget beer in Holland: it is another name for slightly colored water with a bad taste.

Oh yes: the bloody land is littered with highy automated speedcams fixed and mobile (disguised in anything for a junkbox to a left-alone trailer). They will book you if caught driving 51 kph where 50 is allowed.

Crime in some cities is nearing to terrible. Their driving skills and courtesy on the road compares to the UK on the exception they drive "inverse". NL is nickmaned in Germany "Nur Links" : only left, the habit of Dutch drivers to get in the fast lane and staying there at a whopping 40 MPH

Regards,

T De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Fecking Belgians :D.

Ta for the warning.

Yay! Rotterdam BTW.

Reply to
Doki

Hopefully you're going for work and not on holiday. Can't honestly see why any- one would spend his vacations there.

Mayor etnic crime (Surinaams / Marrocan / etc), drugsproblems and very abrupt people.

If you are by car: insist on a closed garage/ car park; if you rent one: read the fine print.

Most rent-a-cars have something like "if you leave the rented car unattented in a street and it gets vandalised, broken into etc; any insurance will be void and you'll have to pay for the damage." in their contrats.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Reply to
David Billington

Taking my van, which is already pretty rough (was driven by a woman with apparently zero spatial awareness going by the number of dents). My sister's moved there for a while, and I've got to take some stuff over. She thinks it's great there, but then she's had her car roof jumped up and down on outside her house a couple of times, so normal standards may not apply.

Reply to
Doki

Any idea how far that is? Seems like a bit of a mission.

Reply to
Doki

You mean Calais to say Utrecht, IIRC its about 2.5 - 3 hours. I haven't done it for a few years but the route was always easy and rarely busy during the day at the times we went as we normally avoided peak times. A bit more hectic going through Antwerp but I can think of far worse places in the UK.

Reply to
David Billington

Ah Lincoln at rush hour...

Reply to