OT:I think I have become very, very Pikey.

I have been buying Pizzas and Tortilla chips from Lidl Saurkraut and Vodka from ALDI And Tesco Homebrand Diet Coke. And the thing is, I like it.

Reply to
Elder

I've used Vodka from Aldi before - perfect for parties when the main aim is to get plastered. In fact I finished my supply of Stolichnaya last weekend, so it'll be the cheap crap this weekend :) Coca cola all the way though, cant stand most other cokes!

From next month we're gonna be on a money saving mission, so more pikey Teson own stuff for us I reckon!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Normally I would have said that too. But the Tesco stuff is OK. Not=20 coke, but better than Pepsi (not the Tesco value shit).

And the Lidl pizzas, like Dr Oetka, but even better tasting, and =A31.89=20 for a two pack.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Asda shop made Pizzas - made in front of you for just over 2 quid. Tesco own brand coke, 44p

YKIMS. As do Tesco penguin type biscuits at a quid for a million of them or thereabouts.

I also admit to comestible pikeyness

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I like Virgin Cola as well. Own brands are mainly tolerable - I don't have much of a sweet tooth so usually have Diet Coke anyway, and Lidl et al often have some well exciting tinned goods :) There was a Lidl close by at Uni so...

Morries are also cheap, but their own brands tend to be a bit naff.

Reply to
DanTXD

Tesco Jaffa Cakes, in Non-orange flavours.

Reply to
Elder

How about "Fried Herring in Marinade", or "Salmon in Tomato Curry"

I do like the Lidl flavoured Rooibos tea though. Had to cut down on my coffee since I quit smoking.

Of course they have Kabanos and Salami really healthy food. Thing is though, since I've been off, I've walked almost everywhere and appear to be losing shit loads of weight even though it doesn't show.

Really pikey plan for Bonfire night this year. Go to Lidl. Buy a jar of Bockwurst, and a couple of onions, some jumbo buns, and a couple of baking potatos and a large tin of Chilli.

Bake the spuds and fill with chilli and cheese, make up hotdogs with onions for the missus, and saurkraut, mustard and chilli relish for me.

Get the garden chairs out of the shed and watch watch thousands of pounds of other people money explode while we eat, and sip cheap neat vodka to keep off the chill.

Reply to
Elder

Asda smartprice chocolate digestives. Better than Mcvities

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Oh will have to check them out then.

Reply to
Elder

Some mates and I considered something similar, but involving an oil drum and some fire, but instead, thought f*ck it and decided to go to this instead:

Fire, fireworks and Fireforce - what more could you want!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

On a different note, I recently (as in within the last 3-4 months) bought some Sainsbury's "basic" baked beans as well as Heinz (which I hadn't found anything to be a patch on), and the cheapo Sainsbro's ones really weren't all that far off. I'll still go for Heinz if they're in a multipack or buy

4 deal type jobbo, but I won't rule out the Sainbro's "basic" ones.

I'm not sure what anyone should conclude from that.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The Pickup Truck season finale (supporting the Truck Superprix) is at Brands Hatch on November 5th. Big firework party laid on :) I can't get pissed though, gotta drive...

Reply to
Abo

Oh yeah, and homebrew firework displays are off now (by order of the wife and in-laws) after I scorched their conservatory when a somewhat large display rocket detonated at ground level...

Reply to
Abo

Virgin Cola is the most disgusting vomit-worthy crap I have ever had the misfortunate to taste. Sort of like normal Coca Cola.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

You're a posh pikey?

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Bah.

Reply to
Doki

Tesco is pikey? Not round here. The new one at Clapham South even stocks alcohol free Beck's. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh yeah, I know Tesco per se isn't Pikey, but buying non "finest" home brand might be when combined with Aldi and Lidl. I know I can get Krug champagne there if I choose.

Reply to
Elder

They have 1200watt big disc angle grinders in ATM if my need one.

Reply to
Elder

NNNNNNNOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......................

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor