[OT] Insane Burger

He towered over me much of the other Saturday, but that's mainly cos I was sat on the floor pissed..

I'm 6'1, I'm pretty sure when I was vertical AVM was taller than me. Or maybe his hair was :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Situation Normal?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I managed a month this time, but I'm back on again.

Reply to
Elder

It doesn't even have a shower, and about 1/3rd of the staff cycle in.

Reply to
Elder

The club I'm working with does a 6 week beginners course for =A340, and=20 the kit they supply is all good named beginner stuff, in all the normal=20 arrow lengths, and a good selection of draw weights.

You get the first week free to see if you like it and pay on the second=20 week. I loved it. As people started to drift away for prior engagements=20 toward the end of the session, I was ready to carry on shooting for=20 another couple of hours. Had already done 2 hours.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

Can it not be cut out? I was in-line for a blue badge seventeen years ago when I was bent into a U-shape, couldn't drive, walk or sit at a desk for long. Then I had an operation, six months in hospital and a year of physio and I was back to normal.

All the pissing about with chiropracters, ostepaths etc was a waste of time.

Reply to
Steve Firth
+AD4- Can it not be cut out? I was in-line for a blue badge seventeen years +AD4- ago when I was bent into a U-shape, couldn't drive, walk or sit at a +AD4- desk for long. Then I had an operation, six months in hospital and a +AD4- year of physio and I was back to normal. +AD4- +AD4- All the pissing about with chiropracters, ostepaths etc was a waste of +AD4- time.

If I could only give one piece of advice in my life it would be this, don't have a laminectomy or any other surgery on your spine unless you have

+ACo-no+ACo- other option. I had one at 18 yrs old and couldn't walk (or sit or lie down) for the next 3 years.

It turned an already bad back problem to one where I ended up begging the surgeon to cut through my spinal cord to just take the pain away. A truly shit way to spend you late teens/early twenties...

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

That's the problem. I already had the operation 16 years ago at the ripe old age of 22 although because I hack pain quite well, I was home in a week and out and about a bit in 3.

The disc that's knackered is the one above the two I had done back then. It basically failed in 2001 but improved a bit over the following couple of years to a point where I could work albeit in short stints. Because of the fact the ones below it were done apparently it makes it inoperable - something to do with spinal chord damage and scarring etc.

Reply to
Conor

Ouch, bummer. I'm sorry to hear that.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It's the only pain that I've had that goes beyond pain. Simply so bad that you can't feel it as pain.

Reply to
Steve Firth

That'll be a *whoosh*, then....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Only if I was stood on a slightly higher bit of patio/garden than you. I'm about 5'8-ish.

Well, if I got about 50 tubs of hair gel and did really deranged things with it, I could probably be about 12 feet tall, including the hair....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

So I'm not the only who's on the health kick, I'm 6'4 and been floating between 20 and 22 stone for about 10 yrs now (I'm 34), and about 10 weeks ago started walking 5 miles every day and 6 weeks ago I cut down to 2000 cals a day. Its not been easy but for some reason I've been able to stick to it this time.

I think it may have been talking to my Grandad and him saying he wants me to go to his funeral and not the other way round :-), I've also been going to the gym for the last 3 weeks and had my 2nd pilates class today, now thats hard work, currently weighing in at 18st 3lb.

james

Reply to
jamesd1974

Alan Carr's Easyway to stop smoking. YKIMS

Reply to
SPAMMEIFYOULIKEBUTIWONTREADIT

Can't remember how mine first came on, but one recent example was changing the shocks on the old favorit, crawling on the floor on a cold November day and straining at old bolts.

Next day bad, next 6 months evil.

Now when it kicks in, for no reason at all, 30mg Co-Codamol take the edge off it enough to function as long as I really don't need to walk to far. Lifting is fine, it is just lifting and walking is totally out of the question.

Reply to
Elder

I'm sorry, I'll try to explain it next time.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I think you missed my point.... you implied that being too thin equated to being in "health damaging territory" - I'm far from thin, therefore must be really healthy.....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

eww

Reply to
Abo

Doctor and the Medics?

Reply to
Abo

That'll be a whoosh then. I have met you, you know. If your weight is healthy you'd tower over me.

Reply to
Steve Firth