OT: MSN Messenger

Anyone else having trouble signing in tonight? I am. Don't know if it's anything to do with the new wireless broadband setup, but I can't see how it is, as Yahoo Messenger works fine, as does the web/email/usenet.

Anyone?

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me Raising money for the Tsunami Appeal: -

AstraVanMan

I had trouble earlier but fine now, although none of my contacts are signed in

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

S'down indeed.

Reply to
DanTXD

It is indeed - down, down. Maybe Seattle has been nuked!

Reply to
John Smith

retry / ignore / help

I clicked help and was directed to the hotmail website where it said service is unavaible as of 10.08 EST (-08.00 GMT) something like that anyway. So it's them not you.

Reply to
JohnR

Hehe - it's working again now! Order is restored.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Mine's not :O!

Reply to
DanTXD

I upgraded to the latest version (albeit the beta version) - don't know if that's made a difference.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Mines been working all night. I must be special

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I did that ages ago :)

Reply to
DanTXD

AstraVanMan ( snipped-for-privacy@SwerveForeskinWeb.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Bin it.

AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, IRC client all in one. And FAR better than the separate ones.

Reply to
Adrian

A mate of mine gave me a copy of that ages ago, but it refused to log on to anything, so I binned that.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan

AstraVanMan ( snipped-for-privacy@SwerveForeskinWeb.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Works perfectly for me on AIM.

Reply to
Adrian

Are you telling us about your swanky new wireless broadband set up or that MSN is down? :-)

Reply to
DervMan

You're a "special boy" then! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Hehe! It ain't all that - it's only a 300K broadband connection (my Dad just changed it over for the cheapest option I think), but it does the job, and means that we can all share the connection. It does the job though. And I managed to set up the wireless Belkin setup all by myself (ooh, get me!), which was easier said than done, as Belkin have 2 different sets of instructions that are ever so slightly different.

One set (the "quick start" guide) mentioned starting installing the router software with the power off, and no network leads plugged in, and mentioned nothing about the cable modem being on or off. The other instructions mentioned turning the cable modem on between plugging in the cable from the router to the PC and turning the router on. So after having left it for several hours trying to recognise the internet connection, I looked in the detailed instruction book and started again, this time with the modem off, turning it on just before turning the router on, and it did the trick. Marvellous. I said this year I'd be getting in to more modern and nifty technology, and I wasn't wrong. I've got a TV with teletext now and everything.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan
[snip]

Heh that's nothing mate. Our new television doesn't need five minutes to warm up and comes with its own PDA, you push buttons on it and the channel changes 'n everything.

Reply to
DervMan

Well a good several years ago (at least 5) I bought a telly out of the freeads for a tenner, about a couple of minutes' drive away. Bloke said the speaker in it didn't work so he'd wired a headphone socket to it, suitable for plugging little powered speakers into, or headphones I suppose. Took it home, took it apart, wired the speaker back up - it worked fine, but had a tendency to suddenly jump to full volume when it felt like it. So I watch TV through the video and have the video wired up to the hifi, with the telly muted - that's been fine for the last 5 years or so! I'm even thinking of getting one of those new-fangled DVD players.

Heh!

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan

LMAO you bloody cheapskate hehe nice one!

i ditched my old trusty toshiba TV that we used to have downstairs and got an LCD 27" not so long ago, love it :) the old telly was nearly as old as me, we got it in 1986 and had it repaired once i think in that time, worked perfect, no sits in my sis boyfriends new flat. was big about 26" i think it was 4:3 set and weighed as much as a small house! my new LCD i carried under my arm up the stairs :)

Reply to
Vamp