OT: MX-5 MK1 Discs/pads for sale

Chaps, does anyone know anyone with a MK1 MX-5 who might shortly be after a set of discs and pads? I've just discovered a full set of brand new, still boxes and in the protective paper in my cupboard!

Pads - EBC "Ultimax" Heavy Duty Pads DP802 front, DP828 rear. Kevlar pads

Discs - Boxed, "Solid Ace" branded, UK made.

I've still got the receipts from Scimitar International.

If someone knows someone who might want them, please pass it on. I'm down in Twyford and would prefer not to post them. They stand me at about £60 all in.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

If you're not a member there I might be able to put it on mx5nutz but I guess they'd expect that you'll post them.

Reply to
Timo on tour

I've just discovered a seized caliper pin on the rear of my MX-5. )c:

Went out this morning to replace the rear pads, took it to bits, found the seized pin, bashed it a bit put it back together and now the caliper in question is now binding. Must have moved it a bit.

Bloody thing.

Will take it to pieces when I can be arsed. Hopefully it won't need a whole new caliper in the end.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

If you could do that Timo, it'd be really helpful :-)

I will post them of course, but they're heavy and it won't be cheap. As a bonus, I'll throw in the new oil filter I just found too for free..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Email me the details and I'll try to stick it up there on the weekend. I can't guarantee it'll go through as they had to go an moderate the classifieds but I'll see what I can do.

Reply to
Timo Geusch