OT: On the BBQ.

What you cooking today?

Surely everyone is charcoaling their own food products with a cold beer at their side.

Reply to
Elder

'tis a fine day indeed.

We've just had Chicken Tikka done like that along with some Chicken Satay too. I would have a beer, but I'm one of these wierdy non drinkers.

I'll raise a glass of diet coke in your general direction though and wish you good health.

Off out in a bit to indulge in my newly discovered hobby - cycling :-))

It's a good day to be alive.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Chicken, Pork, Beef and Pilsner Urquell. Job is, indeed, done.

Reply to
Pete M

I pulled the bike out of the shed last weekend when we were clearing it. Have made my mind up, if we get a few more days like this, I may well be joining you.

Reply to
Elder

DIE! Heretical unbeliever!

Reply to
Steve Firth

Now that's not nice...

You drink away - you won't hear me complaining I love when other people drink - it makes them more tolerable sometimes....

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Cold beer - check.

Just climbed Lochnagar. I doubt there'll be a better day for it this year. Utterly amazing up there.

My body is pretty broken after walking the 10 or so miles and 1150 metres but I feel pretty good. Will sleep well tonight.

I will be passing on the charcoalled meat products but I am about to cook myself a steak.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Home made burgers with peppers and smoked paprika and Coriander. Tandoori Turkey steaks. Yoghurt and Mint marinaded Lamb steaks All washed down with several just of Pimms and loads of loverly alcohol soaked fruit for pudding.

Reply to
Elder

Nope.

Working this morning, then welcoming the fact on the way home the Kingston upon Hull, 10th largest English city by population, now has a Burger King.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I heartily recommend the Texican Whopper.

Had some bloody good food (along with a few beers) round Mike P's BBQ yesterday, courtesy of Mrs P, including some skewer kebabs and some delicious home-made burgers, and some home-made guacamole a friend of theirs did. Spot on. And in a rare moment of hecticness in my social calendar, had another lot of birthday drinks to go to in London the same night, and made it back to Mike's later.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't so bloody lazy when it came to cooking. I'd really enjoy my food a lot more if it wasn't the sort of pre-prepared s**te I normally buy....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Cold beer: Check. Overpriced Roast Pork Sarni: Check Lots and lots of classic Fords: check. Drag strip: check. Lots of lobster coloured spectators: Check

Was at Santa Pod at the Classic Ford show....

Reply to
Conor

Sounds great. Glad the weather held for you.

Reply to
Elder

I was there last Monday watching the Top Fuellers, lots of dodgy looking tan lines :-)

Was gutted to find they've got rid of "the barn", it wasn't the same watching the jet car without getting a faceful of smoke and bits of rubber.

james

Reply to
jamesd1974

had a quick burger on the BBQ for lunch, popped into town to get a mate a birthday present, couldn't find what i wanted so me and a mate stopped by a pub ordered a cold one and sat outside! was nice!

didn't stop there either! got home and this evening fired the old BBQ back up had some chicken and veggie kebabs, i had another burger and a ice cold bud :)

Reply to
Vamp

Ah that makes sense. Came past there today (well along the A45) and saw a few tasty Fords, thought there must be something going on. A very nice orange mk2 escort with a wide arch kit and potentially a cage went past in the opposite direction.

Cold beer and pizza for me today, couldnt be arsed to fire up the barbie and a 50% off Pizza Hut voucher was too tempting to resist. However yesterday I enjoyed some well cooked meat, lovingly BBQ'd by yours truly, along with quite a few beers, and some slightly tispy ride on lawn mower fun. Love visiting the in-laws :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

An another non beer drinker ;)

Reply to
Elder

My folks did a BBQ yesterday, there was:

chicken breast (some marinated in a lemony thing) steak Aberdeen Angus burgers sausages (cumberland and some chipolatas) pork chops some salad, from which I robbed lettuce and tomato for a burger beer wine fruit juice coke

They also have a massive inflatable slide for the kids which I'm not allowed on...

I sat in the shade with food and fruit juice mainly, nipping indoors to watch the touring cars

Reply to
Abo

Hah forgot about the Pimms, my sister made four or five jugs of the stuff

Reply to
Abo

Cool, haven't been there since we were members of the Mini Owners Club.

Did you Run What Ya Brung?

Reply to
Abo

That's just wrong. I've never watched it from the barn; I do remember it rocks the gantry though when it's staging. I've watched it do a demo run at Rockingham from the pit wall, that was mad enough.

Reply to
Abo