OT: Route advice

That shortcut certainly used to be the standard route from eastern-lands to SW - at the time albert will be hitting it, it'll be fine surely?

Reply to
Clive George

I hought it was much better on a rubber sheet. With baby oil.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hehe. I'm not a local Durhamite - I hail from the land of sheep and dales, so everywhere south of Peebles and west of the lakes seems a bit flat and pointless to me. IME, the nicer bits of Durham are quite a bit nicer than most of the bits of commuter-belt Surrey, culturally, architecturally and landscap-ically, at least. Unfortunately the nice bits are typically surrounded by large swaths of pikey-belt cat-D pit villages. Shame.

Re: route advice; thanks to all. I reckon I'll take a punt on the A1 being clearer than the M1

Er, right. I travel the section of the A1 as far south as the M18 reasonably regularly, and rarely see anything much to worry about. Given that it's largely going to be dark when I'm traveling, I'll assume they are everywhere and invisible.

Ta muchly.

Reply to
albert T Cone

They're not. The first one you'll come across is at Elkesley in a 50 limit just over the brow of a hill. There's one about 1/2 mile later. Neither of them trigger at up to 56MPH. Next one after that OTTOMH isn't until you get to Great Ponton where there's one there and one about 2 miles later just north of Colsterworth. There's one just after Colsterworth junction/roundabout then theres' another a few miles later. After that, it's fairly clear until you get south of Peterborough. Between Tempsford and Biggleswade there's a few (watch out for the one just after a bridge just after you've entered the 50 limit) and then it's fairly clean down to the M25.

Reply to
Conor

You need to open your eyes a bit. There are routine radar gunning sessions at Dishforth, Boroughbridge and Bramham and a rather aggressive scout for speeding drivers by patrol cars in West Yorkshire.

Reply to
Steve Firth

/makes notes/ Cheers Conor.

Reply to