[OT] Uni results.

Woo hoo, got a letter today with my finalised results for the year and they have revised one of my grades. It's gone from an F to a B+ that is in my mind not a bad change. ;) So 2 A- 2 B+ a B a B- and embarrassingly a D thanks to a really bad showing in the maths exam (that said only 3 people passed it).

Reply to
Depresion

Since they granted university status to every tin-pot adult education establishment.....

Reply to
SteveH

Eh? Since when did uni results (even if they are just for a particular year) *ever* get quoted in terms of A/B/C??

Reply to
AstraVanMan

What did you get?

Oh, dropped out didn't you ;-) Never mind eh :-D

Reply to
DanTXD

Well played :-)

I graduate on 12th of September - assuming I'm not in hospital (yes, it's that time again...)

Reply to
DanTXD

I went to a proper, real, as in been a university for several decades, sort of University where you needed proper A-level grades to get in. I didn't go to one of the new universities that have standards barely higher than those of the A-Levels of my time.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

So what does this actually mean in terms of actual results i.e. classification?

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Probably on the boundary between a 1st and 2:1 but there doesn't seem to be any way to work back to that from the individual results without knowing the exact marks.

Reply to
Depresion

Wonder what your results would have been like if you had taken exams before higher education standards were dumbed down to level of the average Sun reader?

Reply to
Ken

In terms of acadmic achievement, the dumbing down of todays higher education standards, means such results are not that difficult to gain.

Ken

Isn't it interesting how jealousy affects people. Oh and DFTP!

Reply to
Depresion

Isn't it always fun to see how the people who say that never back it up by going and actually doing better.

Reply to
Depresion

Not jealous in the slightest.............your results suggest to me that you are certainly not all that bright!

Ken

Aww, leave Ken alone, he's bored because there's no kids to watch outside the schools at the moment.

I got a 2:1 *pride*.

Reply to
DanTXD

What did you get?

Reply to
DanTXD

Would you care to tell people which qualifications you obtained, and where? I mean being an itinerant welder must require at least a PhD from a University founded before 1800, mustn't it?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Don't go asking him that he'll need to go and make something up and without any understanding of the system it could cause his "brain" to implode.

Reply to
Depresion

Ken's good at making things up, like names for example, he's used so many he forgets who he is.

Like the day that he imagined he was a blonde female:

----------- From: luv 2 pose Date: Sat, May 26 2001 6:25 am Email: "luv 2 pose" Groups: uk.adverts.personals

Video/stills model 24yrs petite blonde, schoolgirl looks. Fees from £75 ph........Southampton based. PLEASE NO TIMEWASTERS OR IDIOTS!

-----------

Or the day he imagined he was "friendly and generous".

----------- From: cool tool - view profile Date: Fri, May 4 2001 1:55 pm Email: "cool tool" Groups: uk.adverts.personals

Friendly (and generous) south coast male wltm attractive couples prepared to let him watch them. Like 2 arrange something over the w/end so if you are interested email me please.

-----------

Or the day he became bisexual:

----------- From: lookin 4 fun - view profile Date: Thurs, May 31 2001 7:25 am Email: "lookin 4 fun" Groups: uk.adverts.personals.gay-lesbian-bi

Inexperienced Southampton bi male 40, looking for daytime 121s in local area.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I bet you 10p the university I went to was established longer than the university you went to.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Hang on I'll get the calibrated wall for the 2 of you to piss up.;)

Reply to
Depresion