OT - Van Insurance for Non-commerical use

Can anyone (astravanman Peter?) recommend an insurer who will insure a van for non-commercial use at a reasonable price? The van is a K-reg LDV 400 diesel Twin wheel, 3.5 Tonner 2.5 diesel. Good nick, 136K. It'll be used as transport for a band and nothing else.

Anyone know how much it's worth? It's a few rusty bits here and there, and a few scratches but it's ply lined, clean, shelved and solid. Needs a carpet in the cab. Tax until end Jan, MOT end of June. We got it given...

Thanks!

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Try the NFU, phone your local branch, not the number on the site :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Just don't mention the band thing to the insurance company. AIUI it's just a hobby and it's none of their business, but when I first asked Frizzell for a quote they kept on saying "the underwriters want to know why exactly you need a van", to which I said "I play in a band, and amateur band - we don't get paid for gigs, just a hobby, etc etc.", to which they replied "by disclosing your occupation to us we're cancelling your policy with 7 days' notice". I argued that it's not a profession, it's a hobby - my profession hadn't changed, but they seemed pretty insistent that as I'd disclosed it then that was that.

I'm buggered if I can remember who it was that insured me, but it was a reasonable quote, and they were in Reading - a local broker. All I can say is phone around.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

adrian flux are often good for anything out of the ordinary, even if it's not lowered ;)

Reply to
jeremy