OT: Washing Machines

Just arrived home from work and Charlie tells me that she's just rescued her iPhone from the washing machine. It's broken. Doesn't switch on any more.

Anybody recommend a decent washing machine? ;-)

Reply to
DervMan

One that doesn't break iPhones? I've got one, I'll rob myself to sell it to you for £500.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

If it's a 3G I might be interested at salvage value as I've got one that wants a new screen and display.

Bosch or Miele. Dispatches iPhones with ease.

Reply to
Timo on tour

Dry it out immediately and don't try to power it on. Get a battery and opening kit from ebay and give it a try.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

LG make some nice ones that that have buttons that look like DVD/Blu-ray players so men can understand them.

Reply to
Elder

What sort of bloody stupid idea is that?

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I think it is to make them man friendly and familiar to make it easier for the bloke to sort out the washing. The settings dial is even a nice soft action job dial setup, instead of a clunky heavy thing.

Reply to
Elder

You are a man, you don't need to understand washing machines, you just need a woman.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

At the moment, my new woman is an hours drive away and even more skint than me. I have only so many pairs of clean pants. I need to understand the washer.

Reply to
Elder

LOL!

Reply to
DervMan

If it's a 3G I might be interested at salvage value as I've got one that wants a new screen and display.

Bosch or Miele. Dispatches iPhones with ease.

*****

It is a 3G...

Reply to
DervMan

If I was there at the time of washing, I would have done that, but as I wasn't... meh.

Reply to
DervMan

I want one with WLAN, Bluetooth and a keyboard.

Reply to
DervMan

The washing machine here has a several year track record of not once breaking an iPhone!

Reply to
AstraVanMann

There was talk of an IP connected washing machine that update itself to more economical wash cycles and software as the manufacturer created them, and allow you to control it over the internet.

One simple crack of the access software and I imagine you could have fun with a neighbour who pissed you off.

Reply to
Elder

Go commando. : ) It's just one less thing to take off when you get to her house anyway.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston