Out of this list.

If going for a soft top, wait till crapper weather (hold on, can it get any crapper?) then people aren't queuing up to buy one and prices are lower.

Found this, wanted to buy it for myself but sold :(

NISSAN 200 SX Turbo , H reg. 102000 miles, tax and tested, Mobil one track record oil club from new, FSH, ringbinder full of Nissan service receipts, new clutch, new cambelt, new exhaust system, totaly standard. £1,300.

Reply to
fishman

Indeed. I'll have some money by then too :D. I'll have a Volvo for tooling around with a mountain bike / passengers, and something good for fun. Something that got classic insurance would be nice.

200SXs are too ugly though. Not even ugly in a good way. Just ugly and bland.
Reply to
Doki

I wanted to do that with the Skoda rapid that was on Ebay, finished yesterday.

I knew the owner from various mailing lists. I knew someone who worked on the car for him. I knew it was his day to day runabout while he was geting his skoda rapid cabrio some resto work. It was about 20 miles away, so easy to go pickup, and would have got me about 45MPG, been a fun drive, and had fun to tweak if I wanted later. and I knew that it had 6months MOT, and was not shifting in the auction.

Went for £106 but the missus laid down the law this time. nope, you can wait till the double glazing is fitted, and then spend about £2k after you ahve sold the Saab, and get something reliable, and modern, it has to be post 92.

what about ditching the wife for something post 92 :)

Reply to
Vamp

I thought I could save a bit by buying a cheaper economical regular

100bhp 5 door car between a Celica and 200SX. Including the over £1000 loss on it the POS cost me £1800 in 18 months. Didn't do much better on fuel either, utterly gutless, vague and unpleasant. The biggest let down was the Bosch electrics, utter garbage ignition modules that fail so often they are almost service items.

Peter Hill

What was it?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In article , snipped-for-privacy@none.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

You do realise that marrying 12year old girls is an offence. I think the

13 year age gap might be a problem too.
Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@SPAMdentalserve.net spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Don't know where in the country you are, but see if you can get intouch with Hartech at Bolton.

I think they tend to be more 944 onwards, but might offer advice or be able to supply parts for the 924

also provide this, that mentions the 924/924S/924 Turbo so maybe they are worth a call for parts/advice?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

French Lemon, only car I have ever bought from a franchised dealer.

Peter Hill

A. You drove a Ka

B. You drive a Volvo.

C. There are approximately zero other RWD cars available for Doki-cash, with a reasonable amount of power.

Reply to
Nom

"MeatballTurbo" wrote

Went for £106 but the missus laid down the law this time. nope, you can wait till the double glazing is fitted, and then spend about £2k after you ahve sold the Saab, and get something reliable, and modern, it has to be post 92.

But not post 93 or you'll have Cataclysmic converter issues :)

Reply to
fishman

Appears to be hydrophilic.

bloke came over here from the lowlands and got directed over thegrass. Says he found an invisible river, considering how little wateris left it must have drank it dry.http://members.lycos.nl/nismojoe/PICT0780.JPG New carbon bonnet, a bumper and it's fixed up.
sure about the dozy eyes but it saved the headlamp lenses fromdestruction.

Peter Hill

Even sheep manage not to be fooled by ha-ha's...

Reply to
Questions

But the river is *very* invisible in the second shot ! I can see why he didn't notice it !

Reply to
Nom

What issues would they be ?

£60 for a new Cat every five-to-ten years, is hardly cataclysmic !
Reply to
Nom

Oh she wants as new as possible. Still trying to convince her otherwise.

Seen a 92 J Prelude 2.2 VTEC locally (at least if it is a VTEC, then it is a 2.2 not a 2.0 as advertised by the seller, but what to the motortrade know about cars.

See my other recent post.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

not true (yes I did own an Import DelSol)

not a problem serving at my honda dealer, even replaced my distributor no probs when presented with the chassis no. there is a veru good deldol forum giving good info, not recycled crap. there is nothing wrong with getting the imports, the parts things is a falacy.

the roof is aluminium, hardly heavy. The lifter mech on the TransTops is heavy, so the manual roof one will be faster.

Performance in the VTi and SiR models is great, as is the handling. I had huge fun in mine, the performance and handling of these cars beats the mk11 crx.

For £2k you get a shed of one, you should pay at least double that for a good one.

Reply to
matt

That was part of my reason for discounting them really. Have just about=20 convinced the missus that a non Turbo MR2 MK2, or a Prelude 2.2 VTEC, or=20

2.3 Manual might just fit the bill.

They are im budget (especially earlier model imports), not overly=20 thirsty, but still fun when you want it, and she approves of the shape=20 of both of them which is the trickiest part.

Parts easily obtainable, and entertaining to drive still even though=20 Slower than the Saab (except the Prelude VTEC, which has more power,=20 lighter, and no turbo lag).

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo