Overheating problem?

Hey y'all!

I drive a Rover 25 1.6i (200 series), with some minor mods (air intakes, silencer, painted interior light, krooklok etc.) - hence I thought you good people could help a fellow Solihull pilot out.

During this recent heatwave (I got my first real six-string / Bought it at the five-and-dime / Played it till my fingers bled / It was the summer of '69!!!), she's found it tough to make it up inclines (motorway bridges are a particular menace). Unfortunately several of these obstacles exist between my crib and my place of work (Drama Teacher). Thus far, removing all excess weight from the vehicle (spare tyre, jack, rear seats etc.) has allowed the car to struggle up the "mountains", but last night on the way home I was overtaken by a ... god damn, I can hardly bear to say it ... a Fiesta Popular Plus towing a caravan.

I'm sure you ladies know my predicament. My role in life means this sort of thing simply cannot happen to me, for religious reasons.

My first port of call was my great uncle (a former merchant s**en), who said the issue probably lay with the carbs, probably a blocked ventricle. With this in mind, he recommended pouring meths into the air intake then turning her over. This I have done, only it caused nothing more than a bad smell, a small fire, and a f*******d Rasta 25. AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW F************KING HELL!!!!

Does anyone have an idea how to resuscitate my auto, and fix the warm-weather running problems? I've already tried packing the engine with Eskimo ice.

TIA

Col

Reply to
Colin Derwent

At least he hasn't fitted gullwing doors, or tracks to this one.

Have quick google through the groups for Colin Derwent.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Um, just this post came up...

Reply to
Questions

Yeah, i noticed that. But he has definatley posted before. Nobody else would spout such crap in such a rational way.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Same guy who claimed to have shoehorned a massive V8 in a diesel Datsun cherry or some such?

Reply to
Doki

Yeah, I think so. and I'm sure there was something he put tank tracks on, but had trouble turning arround in once he did.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo