Paging Carl Gibbs.

If you were interested in the 216, it's up for grabs.

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Your "new" 216? What happened?

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I doubt that if she doesn't want to listen to you either...

Well, I stopped using the M20/A20 due to the roadworks at Maidstone but they're done now by the looks of it. If I'm going in that way I simply tend to follow the A20/A2 as I find there isn't much of a gain coming in the A13. Going out, if I either leave at 6pm or leave late, A13/A2/M2 is a lot faster than going down the M20...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Yebbut Oz, that would be like emigrating to Blackpool with sunshine and no rain.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Unless Sydney has changed significantly since the last time I went, I doubt I'm going to be that disappointed.

Oh... and it rained then as well. ;-)

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Aye.

We'll see.

Apart from the queue for the tunnel, I'm surprised by that actually - it's the only one out of the three that you can legally ride a bike in the bus lanes, isn't it?

Again, I'm surprised by that as well.

I quite often come off the M20 at Leeds and do the A20 / A252 / A28 for the last bit of the leg back to here, as it doesn't take that much longer than going up to the M2 via the A249, and it's a combo of fast sweepers with some twisties, all of which tends to move at a fairly decent pace and has plenty of decent overtaking spots for when it isn't.

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Problem is that you can't do it all the way - only about 1/3 of the way, just to the point when it gets seriously congested.

Trick is to get out of the office before the congestion charge ends at

6.30pm as that creates a mini rush-hour. Once you made it to Blackwall Tunnel in decent time then the 50mph limit makes a big difference...

I usually take the A229 and then M20 from Maidstone. When I left the ML offices fairly late (~9pm) I could make the whole trip in about 1:05 to

1:10 without going seriously over the speed limits.
Reply to
Timo Geusch

Say, what sort of hair care products do you boys like?

Have you ever considered a car with electric seat adjustment?

What's your favourite Climate Control temperature?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Hmmm, tempting. Am I right in thinking the interior is stripped out? Any tax?

Got any pics of it?

Would need to shift one of the BXs before I could afford it, so if you need rid of it in a hurry it's unlikely I would be able to take it. I certainly like the idea of it though :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Got any pics of the BXs? Are they working and MOT'd? .. I've got a Saab

900T16 I need to replace as I can't find anywhere that will insure the missus on it as she's got an international licence.. well, they will insure it but for a grand more than I pay at the moment :-( We don't need 2 cars.

Mike P

Reply to
Filthy Sod

I'd take her back for a refund if I were you.

Reply to
SteveH

One free of porridge wogs, normally.

HTH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

No tax... interior is stripped from the front seats back, mainly because of the cage.

I'll sort some out later in the week - it's dark when I leave, and dark when I get home at the mo, unfortunately.

I'd like it gone 'asap', so I'll keep advertising it for now.

So... if you want to give me a shout if you do manage to raise the money, we'll take it from there.

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Red one:

one:
The red one is tatty, but runs ok and has MoT till April. The black one is tidy, but needs a new cambelt. MoT'd till October though.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Pah, I think I preferred it when Chris Stevens was around...

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Cool

Fairy snuff

Will do!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Be careful what you wish for - he's probably launching an action against HMP as we speak, stating that denying him access to usenet from his cell is an encroachment of his basic human rights.

Reply to
jackhackettuk

It won't have. It's like a 70s timewarp.

Reply to
Doki