Paging Meatball Turbo

That's an insane comment. If you wanted a 4-seater motorway barge, then clearly a Ferrari isn't gonna be suitable. Whether the Ferrari is "more desirable" or not, isn't relevent.

Any anyway, if you're buying a car based on it's desirability, then you aren't gonna be looking at Rover 600s ! LOL !

Nope - I just see the TI for what it is : A motorway barge.

It's clearly ludicrous to compare it to a sleek coupe !

Reply to
Nom

Nope, don't think so, at least not without the aid of messrs Allard / Van Aaken :)

Yeah. I would really like an A4 180 Tdi, but the cheapest I've seen was nearly 14 grand, and for the depreciation costs of that I could run something seriously quick, so it's not an option for a few years yet.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I just prefer the feel of the ride, seems to be more active, and sensitive. In all the wishbone cars I've driven, you could feel the movement even though you weren't getting the shock of the bump, in the strut car, you got all the wallop on a big one, and no feedback whatso ever on small stuff.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Thats what I'm figuring, it's an old electronic rather than computerised system. Only fuel measurement is the air meter. no Cat, so no Lambda to check for mixture/AF ratios/over rich running. While Saab have continuosly improved the ignition/fuel systems in use, they have left the engine build itself pretty much as is, with just the size growing to

2.3 in bigger cars, or as an NA/LPT option in smaller ones.

I would love a newer Saab, but I know I would end up going for a power house one again, isntead of sensible one, and the much more modern ones are still out of my price bracket, and they all use struts, wich as you know I'm not as much of a fan of.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

actually though does ferrari make 4 seater 4 door newish supercar?

Reply to
Theo

Scaglietti (?spelling?) is a 4 seater mile muncher, not 4 door tho i don't think...

Reply to
Dan405

Underpowered is as underpowered does :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Not for £2000 they don't :)

Nom

underpowered-mode = anything that can't keep up with the TI :)

Reply to
Nom

BAH !

I want a 180bhp Derv, and THEN I want the aid of messrs Allard / Van Aaken.

Derv with >200bhp = Nice :D

Agreed. It's the same story with the A6 - Audi only seem to have sold a piffling amount of the 180bhp version.

Reply to
Nom

I spelt it right :D

Reply to
Dan405

Lancia used to make a Ferrari engined 4 door 4 seater supercar. The Thema

8.32.

No doubt you class it as s**te, but as you think RS Turbos are good cars.....

Reply to
Pete M

Whatcha want's a 530d. One of the E39 ones. Not quite the 200-odd bhp the latest ones have got, but around 170 or so, and still very pokey, and, I guess, tubanle. Just done a quick search on autotrader, and the going rate seems to be around £10k for a 99/V.

Keeps prices high, tis a bugger, that's what puts a lot of people off second hand Audi diesels in favour of buying new. This leads to the only reasonably priced ones being even older (i.e. around N/P reg, down to around £5k, still expensive for the age of car, but will hold their value fairly well and aren't too expensive to buy). The thing with the V6 diesels is that they really aren't all that economical. At a guess there really isn't all that much between the two on a cruise. Still a reasonable difference I suppose.

And comparing the lower powered V6 2.5TDIs with the older 5-cylinder ones, there's not all that much difference in performance but a considerable drop in economy from the 5 to the 6, hence why the 140bhp 5-pot ones are still quite popular. Quieter engines as well.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yeah, I've looked at them. It's 187bhp IIRC - and I'm sure it can easily be fettled well over the 200bhp mark.

I don't give a shit about that - *ANY* Diesel is gonna be a damn sight better than my 2.0 Turbo Petrol :)

I'm more drawn by the greater, lower torque of derv lumps - economy is a free bonus :)

Reply to
Nom

no I quite like those tbh, and there is nothing wrong with an rs turbo, I've been in some very quick ones.

Reply to
Theo

Bwhahahahahaha.

Reply to