paging Mr Vamp....

What is the belt intervals for a MK2 MR2.

Not particularly looking at a turbo, a G-LTD would do. Aby idea what the cost of a belt change on a MK2 is either at a dealers, or the going rate for an indy.

Just considering MR2's if I can't find a decent Prelude.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

60k miles
Reply to
Vamp

In article , snipped-for-privacy@none.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Cheers.

I take it, apart from rust after a crash repair, that is the major work they need.

Maybe looking at a Prelude shortly, 2.2 VTEC import, Mugen shocks, 18" wheels (they may have to go), Stainless exhaust, but might need some paint. Should be arround £1600, so if the belts have been done, or not near, then that may get a decent finish.

Otherwise, it's back to the MR2s. Missed out on a K reg G LTD locally,

"G Ltd, K reg, met black, MOT til March 2005, tax til Oct, low mileage, Clifford alarm, full electrics, very good condition"

Can you guess how much? Don't know the history or the mileage, as it had sold when I phoned.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

£2k? import g limiteds are nice as they have more jap toys like A/C and eleccy folding mirrors

no REAL probs with the MKII MR2's really just the same as any other car. good service history is always good though oh and try and find one that has had the cam belt done as i think it's pretty much an engine out job but is supposed to be possible to do with the engine in. i'm ok as my mate does most of the work on mine with the engine out as he says it's pretty easy and he can do things with it a lot quicker and unlike most garages i know won't charge me shit loads because of dropping the engine :)

get as late a MKII as you can as early ones are the crappy coupe with the

3SFE engine in and that's pants at 120bhp! 1993-94 had 170 odd bhp but the 0-60 was no different to the 158 because of the extra weight from the side inpact bars ect.

i'll take my nerd hat off now :)

Reply to
Vamp