Paging PeteM - looking for the moon onna stick with extra sauce

As I'm getting fed up with my too s**te and too old runabouts I've decided the get something half decent instead. For various reasons this means a Merc W123 or W124 estate.

Now there's not really a shortage of 124 estates but the majority of them seems to be squarely in the 's**te' category and have been to Mars and back and as such 'just run in'.

So I was wondering if you could keep an eye out for a good, low-ish mileage W124 estate - preferably a late one as I've currently got an early saloon and I'd prefer one with most of the faults sorted, hence the late model.

Engine-wise the preference would be the 300D (preferably with a slush box so Ann can drive it if necessary) or one of the big sixes (280,300,320) otherwise.

That said, I would consider a late, very good W123 estate but they're very elusive these days.

I'm looking at the usual source (fleabay, Autotrader etc) but figured that if you were to come across one I'd be happy to wave cash in your direction...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Bih/ You're making me want one. What's realistic money for a latish W124 estate, preferably big 6 with an autobox?

Reply to
Doki

keep an eye out on

too - they have watchers on ebay etc.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Timo Geusch, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

I shall keep an ear out.

I know a chap who had until recently a bloody gorgeous 280TE on an "M" plate, 7 seater, full leather, was slightly miley but properly looked after... I'll see if he's still got it.

Reply to
Pete M

Ta muchly.

That may be of interest if it's not too leggy. A lot of them are approaching 200k; I've had one close to that mileage and it's a bit too much for my likeing.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Heh. You can pick up reasonable onces for about 700-800, really good ones (and I mean *really* good) with low-ish mileages can go for up to two grand.

If MB hadn't screwed up the successor to the W124 then I guess values would've gone down by now but the post W124 E-Class has a few, erm, issues...

Reply to
Timo Geusch