Paging SteveH: Ebay 146 Ti Glasgow. Any good to you?

"ALFA ROMEO 146 Ti 2.0 litre 16 Valve 150 bhp S PLATER IN SMOKE SILVER , ALLOYS, KIT, RACING HERITAGE GUARANTEED 42000 MILES, SERVICE HISTORY AVAILABLE...2 ALFA RED KEYS THEY DO NOT COME BETTER THAN THIS, SELLS EXCLUSIVE TO EBAY WITH NO=20 RESERVE" and=20 "SERVICE AND MAINTAINENCE I have checked with Reg Vary* Alfa Romeo in Glasgow who have verified=20 the mileage and confirmed a 12000 mile service and also a 36000 mile=20 service, this has put my mind at ease and confirmed the cars mileage to=20 be correct, consequently i sell the car with mileage guranteed as i have=20 total faith in this, cars with these low miles do not come around often=20 and is surely a rare opportunity to own a proper alfa at no money"

*I assume he means Reg Vardy.

Currently =A31,650.00 1day 7hours to go.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar
*I assume he means Reg Vardy.

Currently £1,650.00 1day 7hours to go.

Looks to me like it needs a service, belts, and hasn't been serviced often enough so far...

Reply to
DanTXD

36k would be the belt service I reckon.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

It'll be one of those with 72k interval in the book, and 36k if you're sensible ones won't it?

Reply to
DanTXD

Yep. Book says 72, a clever Alfa Dealer will recomend it early to avoid paperwork later through warrenty claim, and get extra from you in service charges.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Aye, overdue the belts, skipped service, and not quite the right spec. (Who orders the Momo Leather but is too cheap to order aircon, ffs!)

Reply to
SteveH

SteveH rambled:

A poseur of course!

Reply to
fishman

Oh well, thought it might be useful to you.

he had a Saab 9000 Aero that I was interested in, but decided to leave it in the end.

Shame really

pretty damn tidy, well documented and low mileage for a Saab Aero.Tend to be motorwayed to hell and back.We have one at work, that has either blown a hyrdraulic lifter or lost a small end bearing. Rattles like a tin can full of nuts.But on the clock it has done 260k. And before the boss bought it and had it tuned, it was the formula 3000 pace car for 2 seasons.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Looks nice. My kind of thing, almost. But I'd have the Alfa version :-)

Reply to
SteveH

I'm going back to Saab. I guess 4wd makes turbos too tame. I want an 9000 Aero. But would prefer a dark coloured one with dark coloured interior. Climate control can take car of the heat issues.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

So it won't have been done then. Joe Public never changes belts early !

Reply to
Nom

Get a TI !

They're modern, reliable, quick, comfortable, cheap - everything you want. You won't have to spend rillions fixing every little thing like you did with the SAAB and Celica. And when you do need stuff, parts cost nothing (Cambelt change £120 all-inc. Starter motor £60. Alternator £80. Exhaust £50-per-section. etc. etc.). Go and drive one - you'll like it plenty ! Infact, go and see my old one at fishman's house - he's just round the corner from you.

Reply to
Nom

Do they have heated electricaly adjustable recaro recliners clad in=20 buffalo hide?

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

You'd be surprised.

Alfa owners seem to fall into 2 camps. The 'Alfisti' and the company car driver.

Fleet / lease Alfas tend to have had a new engine before the 72k mile interval, though.

Reply to
SteveH

No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Half-leather.

I fail to see how that's important though. Your primary needs are reliability and fuel-economy. The TI has both in spades, considering it's a

200bhp car.
Reply to
Nom

Becuase it is. All things being equal, the Saab 9000 Aero/Early 9-5 Aero, The Pug 406 in a decent spec, the Rover 600 (can't think what replaced it with similar spec, The Alfa 164/166 2.0 TS all come out similar. It's little details like exactley the right interior. It's all part of the look. I've always liked longer, slightly straighter edged cars, rather than curvier, apparently taller (not necessarily actually taller) ones.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Me too, I'm no fan at all of the "people-carrier" stylee. Civic Type-R ? Yuck !

Rover 600 is actually pretty long (about 3 foot longer than the 405 !), and the TI's overall height is less than most of it's peers.

What about a nice 406 2.2 HDi ? 136bhp as standard. ~180bhp after fettling. NICE mpg.

Or a V6 ? 197/210bhp as standard. mpg about the same as the 200bhp TI.

The 9000 is getting on a bit now. It'll be a Saab 900 / Toyota Celica all over again, and you'll spend a fortune fixing all the niggly old bits. Again. :)

Reply to
Nom