Paging the newcaristi

Just wondering if some of you might have an idea about this....

My Dad's Ka (owned from new, 57 reg, early 2008) got written off a month or so back (someone else's fault) and he's after another. A few weeks back I did a search on Auto Trader and found a dealer (can't for the life of me remember who it was now) that was still selling brand new old models, which is what he wants. Insurance company have paid out what he paid for the car brand new, but told him that no dealer on their list is still selling the old model brand new. Anyone know different and care to share that info?

Ta in advance,

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I doubt you'll find many around now - dealers were chucking 'em out for peanuts to clear the way for the new one.

Just looking at Motorpoint - there are some sub 10k mile, 57 platers, going for a song at the moment.

1.3i Zetec Climates for £5299, for example.
Reply to
SteveH

Give Ford UK a call.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Does he want a Ford main dealer or is he cool with a car supermarket type place? As long as it's a UK car with 3 years warranty, and he avoids their finance 'deals' there isn't much difference I suppose.

- will sell him a brand new Subaru Impreza for £12,995 hehe :-p

Reply to
DanB

Arrgh. Normally if a car is under a year old you get 'like for like' from the insurance, which could have meant a nice shiny new Ka.

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I don't think like-for-like usually counts if the model's been replaced in the interim. Some might, but I'd have thought it unlikely - especially if a model's had a serious move up-market. It'd probably be very difficult to persuade 'em if there wasn't a direct equivalent, or that spot in the range had been split between two, or even the badge had changed...

Anyway - if he can find somebody with some new-old-stock Kaks, I'm sure he'd be able to get a much better price than he paid last year, leaving him nicely in-pocket. There's probably no "new-new" (as in 09 plate) ones left, but probably quite a few delivery mileage 08 or 58 pre-reg though.

A quick rummage on autotrader finds a pile of 08s and 58s with 50 miles or less - £6k for 58-plate, £5500 for 08. Alternatively, plenty of 58 with

Reply to
Adrian

Aarghhh, give him a slap and tell him to get the new one.

Reply to
Steve Firth

%steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

TBH, given a 50% difference in price, if he was happy with the old one, it'd be bloody difficult to justify.

Reply to
Adrian