Paging the shitcaristi

What's the going rate for a ZX diesel? Turbos worth having?

Reply to
Doki

Pedantic response detected at 100 yards.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

If you have any pland to run on veg oil, make sure it has a Bosch fuel pump and not the Lucas one. The Lucas rotory pump doesn't like any veg oil and will fail without warning according to the forums I've checked, whereas the Bosch pump is fine.

Typically, my 306 has the Lucas one ffs.

Reply to
Abo

If you want a french tat dervmobile I've got a R plate xantia estate you can have for 100 quid :)

Reply to
Rob

Turbo?

Reply to
Abo

Fairy Snuff. Having taken a sum total of zero interest in the ZX, I wasn't aware.

Reply to
Conor

Anyone actually doing this (who isn't a bonefide composting toilet owning evangelist who'd only tell you it's great even if it was shit)? I suppose it'd save a fiver to a tenner a week for the bird which would be worthwhile assuming the tax form filling isn't a nightmare.

Reply to
Doki

A guy at work is running his Golf on a 50:50 blend at the moment. Works out at 65p/litre IIRC. Not filling in any paperwork though (ahem)

Reply to
Abo

Remember. You only declare it after you use it. Then you send in the form at the end of the month with *all* the reciepts you have for the oil you bought, and a cheque for the ammount of duty.

And if the police stop you for smelling like a chippy, show them the form and reciept. "Yes Officer, I have the receipt here for the 10 litres of cooking oil I've used this month. I'm posting it in on the 1st of next month".

If you tell the customs dudes you used 10 litres of oil, they believe you have used 10 litres of oil. And any month you don't buy any for, you don't fill in a return. You don't need to declare it on months you don't use veg oil as fuel. Just keep the derv reciepts for what you do, and don't take the piss.

As long as you have registered, and have a returns form and some receipts in the car for if you are stopped. The copper at the roadside can't do shit to you. You aren't commiting an offence as you are paying the duty on your alternative fuel in the correct manner. Just make sure you return those receipts that month with a cheque.

Reply to
Elder

"Doki" wrote in news:espulr$b9k$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

My M reg ZX Reflex, base model, very base cost me £500 a couple of years ago. It's got 130,000 on the clock and has needed driveshafts, and track rods ends. Apart from that it's been a reliable workhorse, sits at 90 plus on the motorway but takes a goodly while to get there. Planning an overtake involves using an appointment diary and 0-60 can be measured with a sundial.

Reply to
Tunku