Pah chipped diesels are crap -Dervy

well done the math today after filling up

The Car: Remapped audi A4 Tdi 115 kicking "around" 145-150 horses give or take

odometer reset at last fill up which was right to the neck

filled this morning to the brim with 61.36 litres (according the receipt)

working out at 4.54609 litres per gallon gives us 14.97 gallons of the good stuff(UK)

odometer after getting back in the car at petrol station 409.1 miles

409/14.97

27.3 MPG

out a 1.9Tdi

i feel so so bad

Reply to
Rob

Bet it goes well though.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

that it does ;)

big plans coming up once the xmas shopping is completed,(hopefully end of this month) budgeting about 2k for mods allowing larger fmic hybrid turbo larger injectors a set of uprated shocks and a full stainless :) should yield another 30-40 horses

then after xmas it might be time for an aftermarket cam then look at options for "the next step" and 250 horses

Reply to
Rob

that it does ;)

big plans coming up once the xmas shopping is completed,(hopefully end of this month) budgeting about 2k for mods allowing larger fmic hybrid turbo larger injectors a set of uprated shocks and a full stainless :) should yield another 30-40 horses

then after xmas it might be time for an aftermarket cam then look at options for "the next step" and 250 horses

Reply to
Rob

1.5 tons - will you notice 30 to 40 horses? I can feel an extra 50 in a car but its not really important! An extra 150 starts to become interesting, On a bike...
Reply to
Burgerman

But on a bike you look like a poofter, nobody sees you in the car.

Reply to
DervMan

[snip]

And so you should.

But think how much worse you'd feel using the available power from a petrol equivalent...

Reply to
DervMan

Uprated shocks? You gonna make an audi ride worse?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

What's the point?

You'd get similar economy from a turbo petrol putting out the same power.

The petrol would be a nicer car to drive, too.

Reply to
SteveH

anyway uts not about the bhp its about torque 245 lbs/ft atm with the promise of a lot more to come :)

think an uprated clucth might be in order

Reply to
Rob

Absolutely pointless.

All you'll have is a really peaky engine with crap fuel economy.

It'll still be a diesel, too.

If you want 250bhp, get an Audi A4 1.8T petrol.

Fuel economy will be roughly the same, but it'll be cheaper to get that kind of power from a petrol which will also be a much nicer car to drive.

Reply to
SteveH

No, my Volvo would run down to low teens when hammered, never got more than

32mpg over a tank in my hands (37 in a mates). Averaged 24 over its time with me.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You cannae change the laws of physics.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

But torque x rpm IS power

Reply to
Burgerman

That's a very poor definition of 'ragging it'.

I made the most of the available grunt. It just so happened that changing up 1k before the redline made faster progress than taking it all the way into the red.

That's the nice thing about low pressure turbo lumps.

Reply to
SteveH

Mine made better progress changing up about 400-500 above the redline.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

That's not ragging it. HTH.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

A Rover K is more satisfying than the 1.8T. Why the hell VW made them so asthmatic and dull I do not know.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

So 'ragging it' is driving it slower than you could do by not making decent use of the powerband?

Right.....

Reply to
SteveH

I think almost any NA engine is far more entertaining than a VAG 1.8T.

Reply to
Douglas Payne