Paint question

So I've got to do a blow in on the bonnet tomorrow where I've rubbed back down to primer. Now I can remember the rough jist for a blow in - low pressure, thin paint. Any other hints on how to avoid having to sand and compound the area around the blow in too viciously? I'm quite tempted to mask off at the swage lines (MK2 Golf bonnet you see...).

Reply to
Doki