Paint soft after 1 week help

Hi, Paint can still make impression in it with fingernail 1 week on. ..or see light fingerprint. Primer was halfords white. Touch dry between coats. Then Halfords Custom paint mix can as 12 passes over that (they say contents are near to cellulose but not cellulose, synthetic),,,each pass after previous touch dry as opposed to tacky. Then another synthetic paint (base coat) over that a day later, each pass 20 mins or more apart. All this in temps of 18deg C or more.

Doesn't appear to be getting better with time. Need to shine this up now with rubbing compound. Urgent deadline. The company supplying the last used tins say I should have applied varnish over the last coat after 30 mins, though I dont consider the car as having a varnish finish. Its a solid red and doesnt have that varnished finish a metallic has.

Any advice welcome. Will this panel dry and how best to get that to do so ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Didn't think synthetic enamel worked with celly thinners. I know you can't flat it to get a polished finish, you need to flat it back then re-coat, and it doesn't like being t-cut either. Basically the finish you get is direct from the gun or brush.

Reply to
Elder