Passat W8

Plenty bargain, much cheapness.

One went through auction last week....

2002/52, 91k miles. £2500.
Reply to
SteveH

Did it actually sell though?

Hmmm... any idea which auctions they're drawing these prices from?

The last time I went to the BCA on down this way, it looked like by the time I'd paid the buyers premium on anything remotely of interest, i.e: VAG TDIs, I'd have been better off buying something off eBay.

Reply to
JackH

That was from the Honest John auction report. He usually does one every week.

And yes, the Passat W8 was sold at that price.

SteveH

Are these two porkers as cheap as I think they are? Porsche Boxster 2.7,

2000W, 94k miles £5,400, Porsche 911 996 3.4, 2000X, 87k miles £12,700s

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I would be tempted by a Boxster at that kind of money myself.

Not sure about the 996 - isn't the reliability a bit 'Italian'?

Reply to
SteveH

Having looked up the finer points about these, no surprise... 21mpg, and in the F band for VED.

Heh.

Reply to
JackH

I know, and just when I was thinking about the diesel, and the missus says get a nice sensible honda. I know where there is a honda for sale too. ;)

Reply to
Elder

Pray do tell.. :-D

I appear to have a buyer for the bike... the Nova is paid for... I don't expect to have much trouble getting at least £1600 for this Golf if I get it through a ticket and tidy it a little, which means ladies and gentleman, I'm considering what I could get for about £4k right now.

As ever, focussing on Passats and Golfs. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

*cough*

*coughcough*

Actually it's booked in with Trac-Art on Friday to remedy the battery mounting as I am planning to take it on a trackday in the next couple of weeks.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Nasty cough you have there. :-P

Reply to
JackH

We bought a Boxster in July, 'V' reg, silver with orangey/red leather, hard top, FSH and 86k on the clock for £6500 and moved it to the trade instantly for £8k but the price of everything is totally up the wall at the moment. No-one's sure what anything is worth, although classic stuff seems to be holding up exceptionally well.

I've been looking at Cadillac STSs recently, that's a whole lot of comfy yank tat for f*ck all money. I may have to experience the wonders of a fwd 4.6 V8.

I've also found a Thema 8.32 languishing in a mates garage, that is causing me serious issues as it runs beautifully and has a new clutch and belts but needs cosmetics.

Reply to
Pete M

*whimper*
Reply to
Timo Geusch

I have only seen three of these. Two were at Mountview Motors, Horncastle, the Lancia dealer. The other was... well... upside down on one of my favourite roads crossing the Lincolnshire Wolds... :-/

Reply to
DervMan