PDA/GPS 0-60

Anyone tried this?

Any good? Are there any others out there which have a trial version (or free)? I'd be tempted with the one above for a laugh, if there were a trial to download.

Reply to
Abo

Don't see how it can't work really - although does GPS update quick enough?

Reply to
Iridium

That's what I was thinking, and why I was after a trial

Reply to
Abo

Most cheapo GPS units give a position update about once per second - they are limited by processing power, which they keep low for power consumption. You need to make two successive position measurements to get speed, and three to get acceleration, so the uncertainty on the measurements over the time scales relevant to a car will be large, and the accuracy will be poor. You might as well use the speedo and a stop-watch :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

there is a free demo available on their website - it can be downloaded from the main page.

Abo wrote:

Reply to
grezzer

Seems to work too, I'll not divulge my Mondys 0-60 time ;) I might post my other car's time when it's back on the road :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)